That Feeling

The Fish

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't think of many that really stand out more than others.

No 3 in the Man U 5-0 as that's probably when I thought we could beat them.

Every goal in the mackems 5-1

Every goal against the mackems

Rob Lees goal of the century that was disallowed.

Agree with many of these and many I was there in person. A fairly obscure nomination from me though would be Lua Lua's last minute winner against Derby away back when we were good under Robson. We were 2 0 down and iirc Shearer had knocked Lee unconscious in a freak collision. We looked completely out of it but then somehow got back to 2 2. Remember a Scottish lad behind me saying if we get a third the roof is going to come off. It nearly fucking did, I ended up several rows away.

Downside is the match gave me tinnitus and felt too dizzy to walk let alone go out afterwards. Fantastic experience though, never feels remotely like that nowadays.

Edited by Renton

Agree with many of these and many I was there in person. A fairly obscure nomination from me though would be Lua Lua's last minute winner against Derby away back when we were good under Robson. We were 2 0 down and iirc Shearer had knocked Lee unconscious in a freak collision. We looked completely out of it but then somehow got back to 2 2. Remember a Scottish lad behind me saying if we get a third the roof is going to come off. It nearly fucking did, I ended up several rows away.

Downside is the match gave me tinnitus and felt too dizzy to walk let alone go out afterwards. Fantastic experience though, never feels remotely like that nowadays.

I thought we'd seen the future that day....as you say Shearer went off injured and Lua Lua had come on for Carl Cort, from that point we ripped them a new one. Robert,Solano,Dyer and Lua just ran over the top of them, promoted by Jenas who at that point looked brilliant. We were all stood right along the back seats but ended up lying sprawled in the gang way 20 feet down when the winner went in.

Don't know if any one has mentioned Leeds at Elland Road the same season just before Christmas, similar stuff we were 1-3 down and wom 3-4, I came out if that game hugging a lad I'd never met before, he had tears in his eyes, which was about a week before we won at Highbury to go top, Henry tried to kill the ref? :lol: The pace we had in the team was unreal at that time, even under KK we didn't have so many players that would just run past the opposition which just sent the support in the stands insane at times.

If you were stood near the back at Derby the Scottish voice you heard may have been a poster from this very message board ;)

I wasn't at the derby game you two are talking about but I distinctly remember having an argument with my missus as I bounced around the room listening to the winner go in and my wife taking exception to my joy which she thought was OTT. :lol:

Some of your powers of recall amaze me.

The Bellamy vs Feyenoord springs to mind, as does some Ketsbaia goal in a Euro qualifier I think.

I haven't seen to many goals worth going OTT about (:lol:)

But mine would have to have been either Cisse's last minute winner vs Anzhi in the Europa League or, once again, a Cisse last minute winner but against Fulham. Were in the same season iirc.

Aye, the poor fucker. :lol:

(On the flip side he's more chance of seeing us lift a trophy should we eventually become a well run club in the distant future while most of us will be playing a harp).

Aye, the poor fucker. :lol:

(On the flip side he's more chance of seeing us lift a trophy should we eventually become a well run club in the distant future while most of us will be playing a harp).

More chance of him catching an untreatable strain of gonorrhoea too.

Young cunt.

Bellamy versus Feyenoord for me. We didn't have Sky during the nineties so most of what I saw was on highlights while already knowing the score.

Same here. Was in a pub in Leeds with a few NUFC supporting mates and we were jumping on tables and all sorts when it went in. Fucked off uni the next day and went clubbing, went back to a lasses I'd been seeing for a couple of weeks after. Perfect night all round

Remember being gutted I wasn't at Anfield when Dinha put the winner in as my away crowd were there yet happy at the same time. Hard to explain now, but beating boro 3-1 down Ayresome with years without a win plus them being in the new shiny PL with us a league lower was fucking immense. Especially with them having to give us a fair share of tickets with it being a cup game as league games they'd give us fuck all the horrible Yorkshire cunts.

Shola at the Nou Camp, completely forgot about that one! Just seems fucking surreal now :lol:

I was on a plane on the way home :(

That was the days before widespread Internet. I'd gone to an Internet cafe to try and book a different flight but it was a right fuck on and couldn't manage it

I was on a plane on the way home :(

That was the days before widespread Internet. I'd gone to an Internet cafe to try and book a different flight but it was a right fuck on and couldn't manage it

I contacted EasyJet to change the flight by means of a device called a phone :)