Fulham vs Newcastle at Craven Cottage

Andrew

Prediction  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gayle and Perez are the same player! Hopefully Mitro will make a difference as a target man and let us play Gayle or Perez off him.

I thought Gayle was better of the two and for me I would start him with Mitro like SEW says he can play off him.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much exactly what I expected. Really need a focal point for I'd mitro isn't playing. Not dented my confidence at all though.

This... we very much needed someone who could hold the ball up on Fulhams last third, as we had plenty of players in the box in the second half, when our wings started to provide service, but we lacked someone ala Mitrovic, who could challenge the Fulham CH's with his back to the goal and lay the ball off.

Also Armstrong did more in his cameo than Perez did all match.

Ritchie looked up for it at least, otherwise pretty depressing stuff.

Shelvey can fuck right off with his stupid little digs as well.

At least the windows still open and we can look for a decent striker and some more creative players.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Hey, we're in the bottom 3 again, right on the bottom!!

I know, I know, it's early and we've only played 1 game but we've probably thrown the bookies for a fit.

Awful. Everything.nothing more to say about the game.

Idiotic home fans were more interested to get opposition fans chucked out of the home section than to follow the match. Ridiculous scenes.

I know I'm like a broken record but Colback, Anita, Hayden and Shelvey as our midfielders are devoid of creativity

At least Shelvey tried to pass it forward.

Hayden looked alright. Neat and tidy but you can't play him plus colback. Bereft of creativity. Awesome at sideways passing mind.

Anita has never been a winger, perez was gash as was Janmaat. The new keeper looked a bit ropey too.

We looked much better when Aarons, Armstrong and Shelvey came on - not that that's saying much. We were wretched in the first half. But so were they.

Welcome to the championship!

Think we still lack leaders. Hopefully somebody will step up to the plate pronto

Yep, there was a definite lack of heart out there. Hopefully Diame proves to be a midfield leader.

Part of the reason we were so successful last time we were relegated was because we had accomplished technical defenders who showed composure and could play the ball out from the back. Mostly Coloccini but also Enrique stood out in that respect. Already we're seeing worrying signs of hoofball from the back. Hanley, Lascelles and Dummett don't have the confidence or ability on the ball from what I've seen. Mbemba will have a go, but has an error in him. Ironically I think Rafa went with Hanley partnering Lascelles to deal with their physical presence up front when it was precisely their inability to do so that lost us the game. In our last championship season Andy Carroll was just about our best defender for set pieces, hopefully Mitrovic comes to the party on that front or else we'll be crucified by set pieces ad infinitum.

Colback looked like he was about to cry when he got hauled off, the useless ginger cunt should be happy he still gets a game after last season's awful showing.

I think I posted all season about Anita and Colback adding fuck all to the team in midfield, might aswell have 9 men. They are still there, what am I missing?

Seriously man they are both a waste of a shirt. I fucking hate them.

Last season that result would have seriously fucked me off but a few positives ;

It's the first game of the season

A lot of these players are new and are still gelling as a squad

Ritchie looked decent and looked even better when moved to the right. Has a decent first touch and looked composed.

All in all it wasn't a great result but it was in that there London where we have a shocking history.

The performance was still better than some of the spineless shite we had under the ginger cunt.

I didn't think Hayden or Gayle had bad games. Grafted and tried. Hanley looked shakey for me though and got a stupid yellow.

The ref changed the game. Its not an excuse on why we didn't create but he fucking bottled it on the red and the fucking pen.

I think Diame will help as will Mitro. Perez was too lightweight and if we are to keep him he needs to forget about these fancy flicks against some of these CBs who are physical.

Colback and Dummet need to go.