The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

More was needed but we'll have to settle for 2 additions to the squad and hopefully they will provide that extra bit of quality we sorely need.

Too bad we didn't get a good winger.

21 hours ago, trooper said:

This from N.O. looks like the records not been broken...

It’s reported that the fee is an initial 16m, paid now, with a further 4.7m dependent on performance related targets.

I think it's churlish to say it hasn't been broken when we don't know what the performance targets are. If it's "win a cup" then yeah it's not going to be broken. If it's help the club stay up, you'd have to say it's likely. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ewerk said:

It sits just under the Beano on the reliability scale.

It’s been reported on various news outlets down here stemming from a sports channel.

I am not sure if there is something in it, but don’t think the fee mentioned would be right.

tbf, I've heard, from people that wouldn't lie about it and may also, I can't confirm, be beneath Lee Ryder whilst he taps up Remi Streete but Kenyon's interest extended beyond Ashley's transfer window charade and he now has the investors he didn't have in December. Can't wait to see what Brendan Rogers does with that money.

On 2/23/2019 at 14:42, TheGingerQuiff said:

So I watched a bit of the Leipzip vs. Hoffenheim replay this evening, and this Joelinton is a very nice player.  We should go after him if the price is fair, whatever fair is these days.

Because Mike Ashley paying 1/6th of the value of the club that he is purportedly attempting to sell for a single player is so completely believable. Some lazy agents at work on this one, must have seen something about us breaking our transfer record on a south american forward and slipped the 'breaking news' to a 'journalist'.

13 hours ago, OTF said:

Because Mike Ashley paying 1/6th of the value of the club that he is purportedly attempting to sell for a single player is so completely believable. Some lazy agents at work on this one, must have seen something about us breaking our transfer record on a south american forward and slipped the 'breaking news' to a 'journalist'.

From what I gather here is that there definitely seems to be an interest but it’s not sure how far negotiations have developed .

The only 2 explanations at that price are 

1- The club is getting sold and the new owners are footing the bill

2 - It's some dodgy agent business and he's getting parked here for 12months before going to a bigger club at a guaranteed higher fee 

50 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Or his agents are using him us to drum up interest / get him a better deal where he’s at.

I’ll take option C thanks Mr Tarrant