The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

37 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

That tells me they either know absolutely nothing or it's not worth reading anything they publish since they've already mentioned strikers in the Chronicle.

Both?

52 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Dunno if I've already mentioned this but I saw someone ask Ryder on twitter about striker targets and he said he knew who we were after but now wasn't the right time to say.  That tells me they either know absolutely nothing or it's not worth reading anything they publish since they've already mentioned strikers in the Chronicle.

That daft bastard just waits for reputable journalists to say something and then repeats it 15 minutes later. His source was clearly John Carver/that group of incompetent alcoholics that make up our last coaching team.

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

With Shelvey, Diame, Hayden, Merino (and Colback) it seems daft to drop £15mil on another CM. LB, RB and CF would be the priorities for me 

I'm hoping we'll shift Colback and Diame to be honest. If we can get £6m for a 17yr old I'd expect at least the same for two seasoned pros. £12m towards a new midfielder, a good Left back, or as a portion of the fee we pay for a striker?

Reckon he'll keep Diame around for the fact he has some PL experience and he did show flashes of being a good player last season. Colback will probably stick around in case of emergencies/cup runs or if we need someone to bundle people over in the centre circle when we're 2-1 up.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I'm hoping we'll shift Colback and Diame to be honest. If we can get £6m for a 17yr old I'd expect at least the same for two seasoned pros. £12m towards a new midfielder, a good Left back, or as a portion of the fee we pay for a striker?

Apparently we've only got £1m up front for that kid.  Rest is based on his progression.

Chronicle are basically saying we've got to sell to raise any more funds for sales.

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Completely missed Leeds signing Anita, was it mentioned on here?

Barely. Old Fat Arse moved without much pomp.

Didn't we sign Atsu or Lejeune not long after?

3 hours ago, David Kelly said:

Apparently we've only got £1m up front for that kid.  Rest is based on his progression.

Chronicle are basically saying we've got to sell to raise any more funds for sales.

I thought Rafa had a war chest available?

16 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I thought Rafa had a war chest available?

I feel like its not necessarily funds but a bloated squad that we're wary of having.

We've had a squad big enough for a successful championship season, it needs trimming of excess since we have fewer games and quality adding to cope with the higher standard.

Some players around the first team last year are clearly not good enough for a PL club but if we don't shift them they're just costing us wages and their value will drop through not playing.

59 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I feel like its not necessarily funds but a bloated squad that we're wary of having.

We've had a squad big enough for a successful championship season, it needs trimming of excess since we have fewer games and quality adding to cope with the higher standard.

Some players around the first team last year are clearly not good enough for a PL club but if we don't shift them they're just costing us wages and their value will drop through not playing.

Can see a few going out on loan towards the end of the window. They got us promoted so they must be attractive propositions for championship clubs. Probably be a case of some players waiting to see if any bigger clubs come knocking. Murphy didn't have that luxury, a 3 year deal at his age.. he had to bite their hand off.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are in bother if we need to raise funds to buy because we are an injury to Gayle away from being relegated atm

:MITRO:

:lol:  No matter how much we may wish it, he's not up to the task of bearing the sole burden of goalscoring.

Though admittedly there'd be a few who could play off him and add to the tally.