The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The worry for me is we've Hayden and Colback who can do a DM job. Admittedly Colback is poor, but we have no one in the squad who can do Shelvey's job other than Shelvey, do we?

apparently this Allan geezer isn't your traditional ball winning DM, he can ping a pass from deep too - if the chronicle is to be believed. 

16 hours ago, copperd123 said:

Speaking of a top striker, we should be all over Lucas Perez from Arsenal, Rafa might be able to lure him exactly what we need

No chance Lucas Perez would swap Arsenal for us man. 

You talkin' crazy

56 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Been linked with Napoli's Brazilian defensive midfielder with the least Brazilian sounding name ever .... Alan. 

Rumours are we're also in for his cousin, Geoff 

Ashley plainly refusing to pay Delphs wages :lol: 

Just now, The Fish said:

No chance Lucas Perez would swap Arsenal for us man. 

You talkin' crazy

He has said he wants to leave tbf, hes annoyed that Lacazette was given "his" number 9 for this season despite only starting 2 league matches for Arsenal last season.

At 28 hes managed one good season in his career.

Just now, Andrew said:

He has said he wants to leave tbf, hes annoyed that Lacazette was given "his" number 9 for this season despite only starting 2 league matches for Arsenal last season.

At 28 hes managed one good season in his career.

All good points well made, but you've not changed my mind.

Try harder Captain Fuckstick! You ignorant, yo.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

apparently this Allan geezer isn't your traditional ball winning DM, he can ping a pass from deep too - if the chronicle is to be believed

I think I've spotted the flaw in your plan there Baldrick.

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Krul is the only one possibly worth keeping but I presume we've a new keeper coming in if he is off

You reckon? If Darlow doesn't leave I think we're starting the season with the 3 we've got

Who's the number one? Darlow or Elliot with the kid as our number three doesn't inspire massive confidence. I presumed Rafa was in for a keeper because of the links with Reina.

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Who's the number one? Darlow or Elliot with the kid as our number three doesn't inspire massive confidence. I presumed Rafa was in for a keeper because of the links with Reina.

Sky Sports live feed cites the Chronicle as saying Rafa is after a striker and a keeper:

"TOON AFTER CLUCAS?

Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez has made it clear a new striker and a goalkeeper are his priority in the remainder of the transfer window, according to the Newcastle Chronicle.

The Magpies have also been linked with Hull City's Sam Clucas but it is believed that no approach has been made yet for the left-sided midfielder."

This smacks of Pardew all over again, as the window goes on the list of positions we're in the market for gets shorter and shorter until we get nee fucker at all in. We need a lot more than a striker and a keeper to be competitive next season.

Rob Elliot seems to think we're getting another keeper

“You do need to have three keepers and the manager obviously wants to bring another one in. But that happens at every club. It doesn’t change the way I feel.

“I’ve got to keep working hard and prove myself. I’ve been here a long time and always backed myself. Hopefully, I can get the nod and start playing the way I did towards the back end of last season and in the Premier League the season before that.”

What a joke of a signing Lazaar turned out to be. Did he ever play a meaningful minute for us? Barely cracked it for a bench spot.

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

What a joke of a signing Lazaar turned out to be. Did he ever play a meaningful minute for us? Barely cracked it for a bench spot.

Aye, it was an odd one. Especially when you look at the limited ability of the no.1 LB

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, it was an odd one. Especially when you look at the limited ability of the no.1 LB

I was genuinely looking forward to seeing him play. Paid a transfer for him, wages for a year and we didn't even get a glimpse.