Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

HOW are you sanctimonious about this ffs? It’s a streaming service that runs across 4 of my devices. Jesus fucking Christ 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

football TV rights moving to the online platforms is a great long term result for the consumer. the beginning of the end of sky's monopoly

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

TV moving to online platforms is a great long term result for the consumer. the beginning of the end of sky's monopoly

If/when they get around to streaming individual clubs home & away, (it might work better for away games only to pacify nervous clubs worried about losing match going supporters), then that would be a breakthrough and guarantee broadcasters and clubs a good revenue as I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to subscribe to a legit service with guaranteed quality pictures. The only caveat I'd put in is they'd have to do it with some kind of equality payments to all clubs with maybe only a small percentage of extras for whatever criteria they want to use. It's doubtful the rich clubs would let it happen especially when there's the odd subservient club around outside their 'top 6' who'll play ball as long as they get some crumbs off the table which would please their lying, greedy, unambitious, (and possibly obese) owners.

i reckon prices will inevitably fall. the days of paying £60+ a month for sky to watch PL football are over. i think the amount of money going into the game will continue on a downward trend too, which won't be a bad thing as the last couple of years have been insane. 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i reckon prices will inevitably fall. the days of paying £60+ a month for sky to watch PL football are over. i think the amount of money going into the game will continue on a downward trend too, which won't be a bad thing as the last couple of years have been insane. 

Nope. The price never reduces.

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye. I’m the same and even if I didn’t have Prime I wouldn’t give a fuck. Still if you read that paper you probably have R or L written on the inside of your shoes (and quite possibly tattooed on your feet) 

:mad:

7 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

It's now Sir Kenny Dalglish, great player, very over rated  manager.

Dad now retired, lad now a 46 year old printer who, when we shared a house in the early nineties, was very popular among the 6th formers at the local girls grammar school :lol: ...and some other bloke..I just like the picture, none of them smiling, old man Dave with proper Scouse tash..

613107E4-82DB-4903-A330-A3EF21DF1470.jpeg

• Like 2

Most of Sportings top players have now revoked their contracts, the Benfica president, in revenge for Sporting signing two of their players in 1993 (!!) has signed two of them saying;

"This season I'm gonna indulge in a mild foolishness that may be ill-advised. 25 years ago they toyed with us."

:lol:

Bruno de Carvalho (Sporting president) has said "If the six players who have terminated the contract write down a letter to Sporting saying that they will come back to the club if the President and the rest of the Management Staff resign, we will resign immediately".

Before evidently thinking better of the idea overall and finishing with "However, they must include in the letter that if we win the next elections they will stay"

I love portuguese football

This would be a fiscally prudent time to try to sign those Portuguese internationals who just jumped ship, if we were interested in any of them. If they have even a vaguely successful WC as free agents their wages will be stratospheric. 

:lol: It’s a fucking mental situation. 

While it would be good to get a player from this Ashley will probably ignore his “transfer fee and wages are the cost” shite and just baulk at the increased wage. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

amazing that bielsa has gone to leeds

He ought to retire imo, hugely respected but his inability to stay in a job the last few years is bizarre.

the Lazio thing was weird as fuck