Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

1 hour ago, Sonatine said:

Nott'm Forest play Sheff U and Burnley both away in 2 of their last 3 games. Could decide if they stay up or not as Luton's remaining games look much tougher.

These FFP regulations seem to have either fucked or hampered almost everyone bar the one club they were originally aimed at, ie Man City. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Alex said:

These FFP regulations seem to have either fucked or hampered almost everyone bar the one club they were originally aimed at, ie Man City. 

i don't see how chelsea have got away without a penalty. i know they've got decent commercial revenue but surely not enough to offset a spend of a billion quid

• Like 2

Don't think loans would be an FFP concern as they're balance sheet/owner's equity items and not P&L. Isn't modern football fun?

In any case, it makes zero sense that Chelsea is not already in massive trouble with FFP given their ridiculous transfer spend.

Well hang on a bit. It's already been in the media that they might be in some trouble for this financial year, it'll be an interesting summer.

3 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Well hang on a bit. It's already been in the media that they might be in some trouble for this financial year, it'll be an interesting summer.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

I'm loving this new version of the Premier League where the games are played and every decision is reviewed by teenage geeks watching detailed frame by frame replays and then league positions are awarded depending on the strength of your team of accounting consultants...

Its absolutely thrilling

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

They're changing the rules this summer aren’t they? I have a feeling that will somehow make Chelsea’s issues go away.

17 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't see how chelsea have got away without a penalty. i know they've got decent commercial revenue but surely not enough to offset a spend of a billion quid

They’re a ticking time bomb when it comes to FFP, they’ll get hit with a massive player amortization amount every year and they’re going to have to basically make large profits on player trading every year to offset it. It’s massively risky and probably inevitable that they will have a window where they can’t shift enough to cover the large expense, but for the time being they’re managing to do it (Gallagher and the sale of Hall seem to be two large profits they’re trying for this summer).  

Football was far and away better without VAR and FFP. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Is the next masterstroke an attempt to buy Saka, Bellingham, Foden and Kane?  :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Is the next masterstroke an attempt to buy Saka, Bellingham, Foden and Kane?  :lol:

Henderson & Phillips 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Howay said:

They're changing the rules this summer aren’t they? I have a feeling that will somehow make Chelsea’s issues go away.

Surely they wont apply retrospectively though? PL clubs cant be daft enough to approve that, especially the likes of Everton and Forrest, they'll want to see Chelsea burn.

• Like 1