Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He turned down 100k for 25k? You believe that? 

No, but largely because that’s not what he said. 

He turned down 100k at city because he was behind zabaleta and didn’t think he should be, so he left for villa, who got relegated and a clause in his contract then dropped him to 25k.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

No, but largely because that’s not what he said. 

He turned down 100k at city because he was behind zabaleta and didn’t think he should be, so he left for villa, who got relegated and a clause in his contract then dropped him to 25k.

Aye my bad.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Errr… as many have mentioned in the replies, he’s wearing a shirt with EMIRATES plastered all over it and watches Arsenal in a stadium of the same name :lol: 

Yep. Also not a problem when they were  the ones with a financial advantage. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Why don’t the fans club together and buy them out? Pretty sure I’ve seen that suggested elsewhere 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Errr… as many have mentioned in the replies, he’s wearing a shirt with EMIRATES plastered all over it and watches Arsenal in a stadium of the same name :lol: 

This. This to all of the daft, entitled cunts like this waste of his dad's sperm.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Duncan Ferguson has relegated Forest Green after a 5-1 defeat to Barnsley.

I'd laugh but I'm afraid he'd see it and peel the skin from my face.

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

This. This to all of the daft, entitled cunts like this waste of his dad's sperm.

It always makes me laugh when people like him reminisce about when they “smashed Man City” as they were a little middling side, does it never occur to them why that happened? Do they think there’s something magical and unique to Arsenal, or is it just they had more money and power built on years and years of having that advantage? 

As mentioned, he’s got Emirates emblazoned everywhere - one of the highest sponsor deals in football iirc, they have visit Rwanda on their sleeve. Additionally one of their owners is a billionaire that iirc through marriage will inherit part of the fucking Walmart empire - it’s ridiculous to act like their struggling along like Brentford, Arteta has been spending massive sums of money just like Arsenal always have since Wenger left. 

Also, honestly the whole FFP angle of his rant and rule breaking is something that doesn’t bother me - and didn’t even pre take over. Those rules are very very clearly intended to block clubs from challenging the established sides, nothing about the rules promotes fairness in the game. It’s why Chelsea and Manchester United have spent fucking billions on players in recent years yet we are struggling with the spending patterns we’ve had since takeover despite them not being out of line with their spending. I’ve always completely hated FFP, it always made me feel the game was shuttered and even if you had a season like Leicester you couldn’t build on that as despite your title win your spending for the next few years is still tied to revenues from being a relegation side, meanwhile a bunch of plebs like Spurs have years of CL revenues to point to for FFP. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 6