Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

Wouldn't relocation of the stadium be depended upon how many extra seat are required?

If it is 10,000 or 15,000 is it really worth the cost, despite the wealth of the owners?

If it is a plan for a stadium with a capacity of 75,000-80000 then yes ofcourse a new place should be considered.

Could that size a stadium be filled weekly?

I would have thought yes but there are others who would know better than me.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I can’t see any benefit to Pif. They are here for the prestige that results bring not Millions wasted getting a few more fans in. 

they are also committed to regenerating the local economy too though. stadium expansion or redevelopment will add jobs and create extra spending. the kind of sums involved would be chicken feed to the PIF. 

Not to mention the prestige of having one of the largest and most modern stadiums in the world.

Plus the added seats and corporate facilities add to our bottom line.

Though I think stadium redevelopment is a long, long way down the line.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they are also committed to regenerating the local economy too though. stadium expansion or redevelopment will add jobs and create extra spending. the kind of sums involved would be chicken feed to the PIF. 

I think that bit might be to do more with PR personally. The Reubens already have lots going on in the area and Stavely is only on a short term management contract. (I appreciate she has a stake).

The hard nosed decision makers will only consider this sort of investment if there’s the possibility of a good return, ie some complex with hotels, leisure and concert venue possibilities.

To do that sort of thing you are probably looking outside the city centre and then also have to weigh up the economic hit on the city centre businesses already operating.

No way I can see Pif building a mega million stadium just to squeeze another 10,000 or 20,000 in.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Though I think stadium redevelopment is a long, long way down the line.

Agreed. Complete overhaul of the training facilities / location is ahead of any stadium development.

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

Agreed. Complete overhaul of the training facilities / location is ahead of any stadium development.

Traing facilities and academy take precedent. I read somewhere it will take 5 years to be fully completed.

But yes, this stadium talk is pie in the sky stuff and won't be considered until everything else is fixed

St James', for all it's history, is pretty knackered and without the ability to modernise and expand on site, moving somewhere else is the only option I can see. 

Surely there are still a few sites in the city that could be used. What about where the Arena sits now?

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What about where the Arena sits now?

Definitely plausible. With the arena being removed / relocated rather than it being alongside I presume? 

image.thumb.png.734aed8f84497c9110fd6b5419350954.png

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What about where the Arena sits now?

Other than Leazes Park, and the City Stadium area off in Shieldfied, that’s about the only area of land anywhere near big enough whilst still being in the City. 
I’d say it would be easiest to get planning on too, since there’s not too much around it.  

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Can't see developers allowing a stadium instead of luxury riverside flats...

Developers like the Reuben brothers, or PIF?

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Developers like the Reuben brothers, or PIF?

People who's life's work is to worship money  suddenly stop doing so because "The City of Newcastle upon Tyne & it's football club"??  They might, but I think it's unlikely...

It would definitely tie-in with their stated aim of regeneration, as the area is a fucking shit-tip at the minute, but it’s only 5 minutes from the current ground. 
With money and imagination it could be awesome. 
The only constraints I can see are a (disused?) rail line to the north, the Redheugh to the east, and the river, but even within those boundaries there’s shitloads of space. 

19 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

There's always the option of a stadium including luxury riverside flats...

_100508881_riversidestand.jpg

You can 100% guarantee that if that ever got built, some whopper would move in and then complain about the noise. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

My mate has also stayed in that hotel :lol: I think you two might be the only ever patrons

I have as well when I went to Bletchley Park. 

Really nice restaurant as well. 

(Though my room looked out on the car park not the pitch). 

22 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

image.png.f1c188fdeb9d9460b1ac898091b61b03.png

just do this

That would have been the perfect solution as it would get capacity up to 60K+.....until the fat cockney bastard sold the land behind the gallowgate for a quick profit