Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think part of his ethos is having a list of multiple replacements for all major positions within the club and team so you'd imagine there should be a list for his job.

At Brighton he was replaced by David Weir who had been at the club for four years but I doubt we have anyone in the background ready to step up. Penfold probably already has his CV in the post.

Screenshot_20210813-201941__01__01__01.thumb.jpg.8191642e1dd009820f79939934b596f7.jpg

"They were 'looking for someone to take us to the next level' they said. 'it's not you, it's us' they said. Well, careful what you wish for as I sagely said at the time. Discarding twenty years of loyal and dedicated service filling in for the admin jobs we'd got rid of all for a glorified monorail salesman who'd leave at the first opportunity of a better paying job unlike me who'd never contemplate the idea of being offered a better paying job. Mike would never have let this happen, profit be upon him."

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

One would assume that if these lists were created at Newcastle or Brighton then as a work product he couldn't bring it to Man U with him.

Steal his laptop and chop off the finger he uses for biometrics. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

But let's be realistic. He will.

Then we sue them as soon as they bid for anyone on the list. Which of course we won't but I wish we'd act the cunt a bit more often.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

One would assume that if these lists were created at Newcastle or Brighton then as a work product he couldn't bring it to Man U with him.

Brighton fans say Tony Bloom found the talent that they completely mug Chelsea off with. So the question remains, in a football universe where you live or die by the quality of your recruitment, what does Ashworth bring that’s different to any other decent DoF? Has he got extra memory on that laptop or something??..

Every single club has access to reams of data on thousands of players :lol: I’m sure he’s a very savvy operator but this all seems quite overblown. We’ve seen far more movement with the lads on the commercial side. I’m not sure it took a genius to say the training ground needed done up 

Aye. I'm sure he's very good, but he's not irreplaceable. The fact that we're currently the biggest club he's worked at tells you that all the clubs bigger than us have someone they're perfectly happy with in his role. 

That patter about his laptop makes him sound like a pervert anyway. 

• Haha 4

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I love how we're all now saying how shit he is and not required :lol: 

I genuinely hope this move falls through and he stays, but if he goes we'll replace him in short order and we'll still be run like a proper football club. 

The whole point in having a setup like we're going for, and like the one we brought Ashworth in to run, is that you can replace people without the whole thing falling over. 

See Brighton for evidence. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The Tonali signing suggests he's not quite as meticulous as people like to think 

• Like 5

:lol: I'm not having that. Tonali's gambling habit would have been kept firmly under wraps. I don't think that can be pinned on anyone at NUFC. 

Having said that, if he goes, I hope Man United's first big signature signing turns out to be the fucking Acca King of Italy and the bloke that dresses up as Foxy for Foxy Bingo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I love how we're all now saying how shit he is and not required :lol: 

The DoF equivalent of “dodged a bullet”  

I don't profess to know much about what Ashworth does as DoF but safe to say that if Winter thinks keeping a detailed spreadsheet is some sort of world shattering level of organisation then he doesn't know either. :lol:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I genuinely hope this move falls through and he stays, but if he goes we'll replace him in short order and we'll still be run like a proper football club. 

The whole point in having a setup like we're going for, and like the one we brought Ashworth in to run, is that you can replace people without the whole thing falling over. 

See Brighton for evidence. 

Man United have needed a decent DoF for time now.  If he goes fair play, let's not kid ourselves Man Utd are huge.  We are still in our infancy and it's going to take time to get there.  But I totally agree with you, we will get there.

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Man United have needed a decent DoF for time now.  If he goes fair play, let's not kid ourselves Man Utd are huge.  We are still in our infancy and it's going to take time to get there.  But I totally agree with you, we will get there.

I swear to christ if we replace Ashworth with Ed Woodward we should riot.

47 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The Tonali signing suggests he's not quite as meticulous as people like to think 

Needs to add a 'Bet365 UserID' column to that spreadsheet of his. :cuppa:

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Who even is he? :lol:

It's like they've got the team leader from Accounts Payable in to give his views. Is he an ex-agent or something? 

He's a con-man blagger. He's been on for a few years as I've seen him in the past. I'd be sweating every time I got up for 'work' waiting for the tap on the shoulder if I was him. Some brass neck. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

No new stadium on the river where they used to (etc), anyway:

Aye, I noticed that. I wonder if they'll just sit on it in reality, kick it down the road in the hope of making a few quid from NUFC in the future like Ashley did and the group who bought the 'metro' land at the gallowgate did? (Probably sell it at a loss to a friendly businessman who they went to school with just before he makes a killing selling it to NUFC) 

Edited by Howmanheyman
Toried'MP
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Aye, I noticed that. I wonder if they'll just sit on it in reality, kick it down the road in the hope of making a few quid from NUFC in the future like Ashley did and the group who bought the 'metro' land at the gallowgate did? (Probably sell it at a loss to a friendly businessman who they went to school with just before he makes a killing selling it to NUFC) 

Had to look up "Homes England" but appears to be some sort of government quango, not a private investor, so potentially this site could still be repurposed maybe?

If SJP can't be expanded on or very near its footprint this is the only site I can think of that would be acceptable. Not happy if our options are reduced further.  Also, 1,100 homes on a site this big so close to the centre strikes me as quite unambitious,

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Who even is he? :lol:

It's like they've got the team leader from Accounts Payable in to give his views. Is he an ex-agent or something? 

I saw him talking about the bloke who owns Spurs through a trust being a crook and he kept saying that he doesn't own Spurs so there's no consequences and then at the end mentioned that his family trust (classic tax evasion vehicle) owns sixty percent of the club. 

So he does effectively own them then... 

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

I saw him talking about the bloke who owns Spurs through a trust being a crook and he kept saying that he doesn't own Spurs so there's no consequences and then at the end mentioned that his family trust (classic tax evasion vehicle) owns sixty percent of the club. 

So he does effectively own them then... 

He's useless. :lol: