Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

On 12/11/2023 at 10:23, Alex said:

Not that I think it’s going to happen but it would be funny as fuck if we just bought a few players from the Saudi league for next to nowt and gave them 6 month contracts. 

And then sold them back for millions in the summer

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

And then sold them back for millions in the summer

Well I was thinking they’d be free agents so could re-sign for their Saudi clubs. But your version with longer initial contracts is even better :lol: 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

isn't the vote about whether we can loan from saudi clubs due to happen today? if it doesn't pass, we should royally take the piss and loan half a new team

Aye it's today. We've potentially got Everton and Man United on our side but not sure about anyone else.

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye it's today. We've potentially got Everton and Man United on our side but not sure about anyone else.

Anyone we vested interest in other clubs will hopefully vote to stop the ban. I think there were about 13 other owners with fingers in pies of other clubs. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Anyone we vested interest in other clubs will hopefully vote to stop the ban. I think there were about 13 other owners with fingers in pies of other clubs. 

Depends which way their transfers would go though. Isn't this just a block on incoming? In which case there's arguably only us, Everton (if the 777 thing goes through) and Man United (with Ratcliffe owning Nice).

All of the rest of them don't have interest in clubs that would immediately be serving up good incoming prospects.

Man City share the same owner as a number of clubs so they'd be against it.

And wouldn't the ban only affect transfers with the four Saudi clubs that PIF took over? Obviously then we'd be free to deal with the other Saudi clubs as PIF have absolutely zero influence over them.

• Haha 1

Just now, ewerk said:

Man City share the same owner as a number of clubs so they'd be against it.

And wouldn't the ban only affect transfers with the four Saudi clubs that PIF took over? Obviously then we'd be free to deal with the other Saudi clubs as PIF have absolutely zero influence over them.

rowan wit GIF

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Depends which way their transfers would go though. Isn't this just a block on incoming? In which case there's arguably only us, Everton (if the 777 thing goes through) and Man United (with Ratcliffe owning Nice).

All of the rest of them don't have interest in clubs that would immediately be serving up good incoming prospects.

Olympkias -> Forest is the obvious one off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I just decided I'm opposed to related party transactions. Just now. Following reading that.

12 minutes ago, NJS said:

Would love to see them come up with some contrived way around it with Levy whining "but.. but..." and Staveley just going "Well you fucking started it, cunt".... 

That should be the opening line of season 2 of our documentary.

Amanda on the phone: "cunt"

Fade away to "We are Newcastle United"

• Haha 1

So on the morning of this meeting/vote the Athletic run this… which am reading as info already in the public realm (emails were leaked between DCMS & the PL during the time when the takeover was being blocked I seem to remember?) and also that (surprise surprise) we’re not in for Neves after all….the timing seems, how can I put this, “interesting” :cuppa:

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I hope whichever clubs proposed this are fucking gutted. And I hope one of them was Arsenal. And I hope Arteta has the literal shits for a week.

i hope that little hole in the top of his head that his hair pushes in to gets blocked.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I hope whichever clubs proposed this are fucking gutted. And I hope one of them was Arsenal. And I hope Arteta has the literal shits for a week.

and Liverpool

Klopp and Arteta haaaarrr Heeeembarrased 

• Haha 2