The Mighty Hog

Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Not sure who I'm supposed to root for. Being a music purist to the point you have to call someone out on TV is wank, and so is being a poser who wears band t shirts for fashion without having a love for said band. It's a bit like atheists who bang on about being an atheist so much it becomes a dogmatic religion to them, i.e. it sours what may be an entirely reasonable viewpoint. This reminds me that I ordered a Smashing Pumpkins, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness t shirt recently. I'll definitely be refreshing my memory on that album, apart from the obvious Tonight, Tonight, so I don't get caught out :D In fairness I've recently been listening to Siamese Dream.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

To be fair there are a lot of popular bands/artists out there who seldom made a good album.

The Ramones are probably one of them. My favourite is probably “The best of the ramones” 

• Jaysus... 1

27 minutes ago, Tom said:

To be fair there are a lot of popular bands/artists out there who seldom made a good album.

The Ramones are probably one of them. My favourite is probably “The best of the ramones” 

Fucking blasphemy, Give your heed a shake Tom, especially as a Green Day fan!

If you haven't seen it, look out for the Punk four part documentary EP'd by Iggy Pop that was released in 2019.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

4 hours ago, sammynb said:

If you haven't seen it, look out for the Punk four part documentary EP'd by Iggy Pop that was released in 2019.

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Green Day probably owe more to the Descendents than the Ramones tbf 

How the fuck did we get here? :wacko:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Not sure who I'm supposed to root for. Being a music purist to the point you have to call someone out on TV is wank, and so is being a poser who wears band t shirts for fashion without having a love for said band. It's a bit like atheists who bang on about being an atheist so much it becomes a dogmatic religion to them, i.e. it sours what may be an entirely reasonable viewpoint. This reminds me that I ordered a Smashing Pumpkins, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness t shirt recently. I'll definitely be refreshing my memory on that album, apart from the obvious Tonight, Tonight, so I don't get caught out :D In fairness I've recently been listening to Siamese Dream.

Mellon Collie is too indulgent and long with brief highlights whereas Siamese Dream is a musical masterpiece and very strong contender for the best album ever made.

• Like 1

There's a very good single album in Mellon Collie somewhere, the only problem is getting anyone to agree what should be on it. :D 

I have decided this will be announced today as I have 2 days off work, it's already scorching hot, and I am going to start celebration drinking in about 30 minutes. Will check the news later to confirm I am correct

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I have decided this will be announced today as I have 2 days off work, it's already scorching hot, and I am going to start celebration drinking in about 30 minutes. Will check the news later to confirm I am correct

Fast-forward three hours:

bernardko.gif&key=e5c327096e05082c96f68b

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, NJS said:

Mellon Collie is too indulgent and long with brief highlights whereas Siamese Dream is a musical masterpiece and very strong contender for the best album ever made.

Gish is also quality. Unreal guitar sound.

12 hours ago, sammynb said:

Probably being a bit harsh on the Ramones tbh but yeh there’s a lot of that kicking about ;) 

Never really bothered with them after Gish and Siamese Dream. 

Anyone else see them at the Mayfair when The Verve supported them c. 1993? 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Anyone else see them at the Mayfair when The Verve supported them c. 1993? 

I saw them on that tour but in cardiff. In the pub too long so missed the verve though :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I see we're not really getting anywhere with this takeover :lol: 

the takeover is largely irrelevant when compared to tom's outrageous slur of the ramones.

thankfully he's seen the error of his ways.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I see we're not really getting anywhere with this takeover :lol: 

The calm before the storm.

One way or another.

• Like 1

Paddock Lad even more influential than I realised. 

• Haha 4