World Cup 2018

Meenzer

12 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: maybe don’t fly off the handle in a bitter rage every time we win a match and you wouldn’t get the piss ripped

Especially when it doesnt happen that often

Just now, Renton said:

With Sweden next then potentially Croatia/Russia it'd be easier than our passage to the 97 FA cup final. I can see England getting to the final and being beaten by France, Belgium, or Brazil. And we'll never hear the end of it for the next 50 years. 

Sweden 1 Turnips 0

1 minute ago, Renton said:

With Sweden next then potentially Croatia/Russia it'd be easier than our passage to the 97 FA cup final. I can see England getting to the final and being beaten by France, Belgium, or Brazil. And we'll never hear the end of it for the next 50 years. 

Not to discount Sweden but none of those sides you’ve listed are firing on all cylinders. 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Not to discount Sweden but none of those sides you’ve listed are firing on all cylinders. 

Aye, it's been a weird world cup. On the one hand there's been some decent games, but the absence of massive sides like Holland, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, and San Marino at the quarter final stage spoils it a bit for me. 

Sweden were shit. I can see us getting to the semis. Croatia would be a totally different proposition. 

I’d love to do the Russian cunts like Germany did Brazil, in their own back yard with Putin watching on. Doing the Skripal celebration every time another goal goes in. 

Sweden were absolutely awful in the final third today but they're a very solid unit defensively and for a side that struggles to create chances, that's going to be a big problem.

1-0 to Sweden, I reckon.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sweden were shit. I can see us getting to the semis. Croatia would be a totally different proposition. 

I’d love to do the Russian cunts like Germany did Brazil, in their own back yard with Putin watching on. Doing the Skripal celebration every time another goal goes in. 

They’re all shite. Including us. Game on

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Co-Op pizza ad is on. Post match wank for the Ayatollah.

He fancies the lass as well 

Edited by Alex

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Meenzer flying two flags on Saturday then :) 

It's London Pride too, so three. :D

Mind that'll be a fun afternoon in central London. Pride parade, meet Tommy Robinson's fun club. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

It's London Pride too, so three. :D

Mind that'll be a fun afternoon in central London. Pride parade, meet Tommy Robinson's fun club. :lol: 

Smashing :lol:

are you you going to pride yourself?..

If the first semifinal is URU v BEL, this will be the first ever World Cup where no two countries that share a land border play each other in the knockout stage.

There have been three World Cups without a real knockout stage, but even those three had decisive games played between neighbours. The 1950 final group featured both Uruguay and Brazil. The 1974 final was played between the Netherlands and West Germany.

The 1978 tournament is the most dubious case. It featured two second round groups of four, followed by a third-place game between the group runners-up and a final between the group winners. The medal games didn't feature neighbouring countries. The second round groups, however, did (NED v FRG, ITA v AUT, AUT FRG, PER v BRA, ARG v BRA).

Love shit like this, me. :D

12 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Love shit like this, me. :D

When SWEDEN play DENMARK , the abbreviated score box in the corner of the tv screen reads- SWE -DEN. 

The letters left out spell DEN-MARK. 

33F56205CA342EF35370B38CAF0B9D2AB148DF25

( I might have read that on here, but beer + penalty win= CNGAF :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noelie said:

Glad we won albeit on penalties, but we didn't deserve to win the game, not in 90 minutes, not in 120 minutes.

I have never ever seen such a robot-like, slow moving, slow passing, back passing, lateral passing, back to the keeper passing, by Walker, Stones, MaGuire.

Like a herd of turtles it was pathetic, boring, and SHITE.

Fuck off man you negative cunt. By far the better side. Gan choke on ya dad's cock.

• Haha 3