World Cup 2018

Meenzer

2 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

I think earlier you were all hyped about his penalty save? Which was good for England and all of its subsidiaries

By you were all, I meant only some on here. :razz:

Edited by LooneyToony

46 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Like Maradona, Colombia are accusing the ref of bias and generally feel hard done by. I don’t feel one iota of sympathy for them.

Aye I’ve seen this, can’t say I see how they possibly feel wronged. Imo the referee done about as much as he could to have them end the game with 11 men, he also ignored a blatant foul on Lingard which would have been a second pen.

They’re just being fucking ridiculous getting outraged about the pen, Maradona saying Kane hooked the blokes arm then went down ffs :lol:. I know I’m biased but I just feel they were second best on the day and don’t have much ground to be outraged, not that I’m saying England were outstanding but we definitely deserved to win. 

Its a little ironic for ‘hand of god’ maradona to accuse anyone of cheating. When a south american does it, it’s part of the game of course

• Haha 1

Totally agree. Its just whiny bullshit, I assume Maradona has some sort of connection with Colombia, I can’t quite put my finger on what sort of line he might be pursuing here.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Kitman said:

Its a little ironic for ‘hand of god’ maradona to accuse anyone of cheating. When a south american does it, it’s part of the game of course

:lol: There’s that as well. It’s funny as he seems to have a right little sore spot about England, not sure why seeing as he’s the one that cheated against us and not the other way round (not saying we’d have won that game but he still blatantly cheated). 

I just hope England ignore it and let the sore little losers carry on whinging about it. 

• Like 1

1966 - Chelsea finish 5th in top flight, Man City win their league, Real Madrid win European Cup, Burnley qualify for Europe, Liverpool lose the European final, England wins the World Cup

2018 - Chelsea finish 5th in top flight, Man City win their league, Real Madrid win European Cup, Burnley qualify for Europe, Liverpool lose the European final, England ...

Mind you, I find it hard to believe that an American referee with experience only in the American leagues was chosen to be a World Cup referee when not a solitary referee from the English leagues was given that honour.

48 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Mind you, I find it hard to believe that an American referee with experience only in the American leagues was chosen to be a World Cup referee when not a solitary referee from the English leagues was given that honour.

Watching English referees prance about the pitch and thinking the game is there just for them I understand why there isn't any.

6 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: There’s that as well. It’s funny as he seems to have a right little sore spot about England, not sure why seeing as he’s the one that cheated against us and not the other way round (not saying we’d have won that game but he still blatantly cheated). 

I just hope England ignore it and let the sore little losers carry on whinging about it. 

Maradona is 100% one of those guys who talks about "respect" too much.

If you don't let him act like a prick, or hold any of his numerous acts of cunttery, as a footballer or a man, against him then you're "disrespectful" etc and so on. The fact the english have always regarded him as a cheat and therefore haven't given him due reverence (in his mind) means we're the bad guys, regardless of the cheating, the drugs, the woman beating or anything else.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andrew said:

What do you think of Pickfords superb save helping us to get to penalties and then stepping up to save and push england to our first world cup quarterfinal in 12 years?

I thought he was outstanding, always rated him.

If it was going wide it cannot be classed as a save.Whether it was going in or not,it was a keeper diving at full stretch to make contact with the ball.Now if he'd come off his line to claim the ball amongst a number of players,from say,a free kick humped into the box....Not as spectacular,I'll give you that,but more difficult to do.

' and then stepping up to save ( a pen )' .Ffs !!!!! Let's give him a knighthood .

Are you a circus clown?

8 hours ago, Kitman said:

Like Maradona, Colombia are accusing the ref of bias and generally feel hard done by. I don’t feel one iota of sympathy for them.

Especially given it’s utter bollocks 

3 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

1966 - Chelsea finish 5th in top flight, Man City win their league, Real Madrid win European Cup, Burnley qualify for Europe, Liverpool lose the European final, England wins the World Cup

2018 - Chelsea finish 5th in top flight, Man City win their league, Real Madrid win European Cup, Burnley qualify for Europe, Liverpool lose the European final, England ...

Convoluted perhaps? Maybe just a tad? 

28 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If it was going wide it cannot be classed as a save.Whether it was going in or not,it was a keeper diving at full stretch to make contact with the ball.Now if he'd come off his line to claim the ball amongst a number of players,from say,a free kick humped into the box....Not as spectacular,I'll give you that,but more difficult to do.

' and then stepping up to save ( a pen )' .Ffs !!!!! Let's give him a knighthood .

Are you a circus clown?

:lol: You deliver like no one else!

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Convoluted perhaps? Maybe just a tad? 

I like how that meme's been tweaked since it first did the rounds to say Man City win their league rather than the league. Their league in '66 being the Second Division. :D Although by that token, it also needs to say "Liverpool lose a European final", since it was the Cup Winners' Cup in '66. If you're going to torture the English language into submission, might as well go the whole hog.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I like how that meme's been tweaked since it first did the rounds to say Man City win their league rather than the league. Their league in '66 being the Second Division. :D Although by that token, it also needs to say "Liverpool lose a European final", since it was the Cup Winners' Cup in '66. If you're going to torture the English language into submission, might as well go the whole hog.

:D Aye, I’d seen it posted elsewhere with anomalies pointed out. It’ll never be as daft as that Lincoln / JFK ‘spooky’ coincidences thingy though 

In 1966.....

I wasn't about to be born.

Newcastle United weren't going to win a cup.

Sunderland were shit.

Donald Trump was a prick.

You couldn't trust a conservative.

England won the world cup.

In 2018.....

I'm not about to be born.

Newcastle United aren't going to win a cup.

Sunderland are shit.

Donald Trump is a prick.

You can't trust a conservative.

England to win the world cup?......

Fucking spooky, spooky shit, man. :D

• Haha 4
  • Jaysus... 1

Honestly he can sling his hook at this point imo. He’s a joke nowadays, him swearing at the Nigeria fans was an embarrassment never mind posting pictures of himself with his gut sat in a Colombia kit. 

Brillaint player but a shambles of a bloke. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1