World Cup 2018

Meenzer

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

And that goes for any decade that I've been alive, not just 2018.

2018 is a year fwiw.

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

And what a time to be alive

It only feels like a decade if you've been reading CT's posts on Brexit.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Stephane Guivarch,that shit striker and World Cup winner.I'm sure he was a toon 

player when France won the WC in 1998.

What do you think of Pickfords superb save helping us to get to penalties and then stepping up to save and push england to our first world cup quarterfinal in 12 years?

I thought he was outstanding, always rated him.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I reckon HMHM has been the victim of his own poor decision-making here. If you go to a pub to watch England in a World Cup knockout match, you are begging to have a shit night, surrounded by cunts. And that goes for any decade that I've been alive, not just 2018.

:lol:

I was press ganged into it tbf. It was as shit as I feared, and at the end of the night, somehow, brexit actually came up and no surprise I was the only cunt who was remain in the pissed 'discussion'. There actually was red faced gammons in England shirts and also female versions as well, one drunkenly told my pal to 'fuck off' when he jokingly told her women shouldn't be at football games. It was actually quite funny in the cold light of day but my pal will also be getting told to 'fuck off' if he thinks I'm going out for the quarter final. :lol:

As for the game, our players were a bit cute after putting up with the early Colombian shithouse tactics but I felt ours just ended up being shithouses themselves, albeit not as bad as them. It was a farce of a game and hopefully the 1/4 final match might feature a game of football. 

England's first choice XI's clubs:

Everton
Tottenham
Tottenham
Man City
Leicester
Man Utd
Liverpool
Tottenham
Man Utd
Man City
Tottenham

Uhhhh! Fanxs Ashley!

Would appreciate a representative again. 

I am boarding @tooner slowly drifting boat of optimism with this bloke.

1 minute ago, ohhh_yeah said:

England's first choice XI's clubs:

Everton
Tottenham
Tottenham
Man City
Leicester
Man Utd
Liverpool
Tottenham
Man Utd
Man City
Tottenham

Uhhhh! Fanxs Ashley!

Would appreciate a representative again. 

I am boarding @tooner slowly drifting boat of optimism with this bloke.

If we had Kane, Sturridge would be in the squad ahead of him

I know that I am in the minority but Lascelles should be in that lineup. If there was an attacker on the books with real quality, more pundits and supporters would see his immense quality.

Forsberg or Kramaric, maybe.

Top tier quality wishes signings should be enticed! Instead, how are the bargain bins? Any players on bosmans this year? Will they sign for 60,000 less?

Something else that was brought up in conversation tonight.

What if Shelvey was invited? Would he have been more a hinderance or an asset?

Knowing his petulance, I joked he would of been sent off for being the guilty party in the Henderson incident or at least a horrific tackle in his own 18.

In reality, i think he would of been able to link the play up more consistently. 

This England team is crying out dor someone like Shelvey to bring on off the bench - no plan b. But I wonder if would have been able to handle Columbia’s wind up merchants last night.  Probably would have gotten himself sent off.

lacelles should definitely have been in the squad ahead of jones and arguably Cahill but I get why Southgate is starting walker and Maguire alongside stones - he wants three centre halves who can bring the ball out and are comfortable in possession. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how our back 5 have passed the ball around in little triangles in dangerous areas at the back while opposition forwards are pressing them. I wouldn’t say that is lascelles’s strength.

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

What do you think of Pickfords superb save helping us to get to penalties and then stepping up to save and push england to our first world cup quarterfinal in 12 years?

I thought he was outstanding, always rated him.

Pickford's save of a ball that was going wide took the game to extra time.  If the daft cunt had just let it go out for a goal kick we could have seen the game out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

LFC have their own doctors with Henderson, they have confirmed he had concussion from the headbutt that happened just before he missed the penalty.

You still arseholed ? 

• Haha 1

If Colombia hasn't equalised this save by Pickford would have been up there with the Gordon Banks save. He had nowt to do for 89 mins

The number of miserable bastards on here moaning btw :lol: can't believe Rentons lost his country as well as his Labour party