Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I watched Battle Royale for the first time in years and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I also took Mrs SLP to watch Bridesmaids last night and I have to say I enjoyed it. Toilet humour, but quite funny toilet humour to be fair.

Transformers 3. I don't usually go mad for this stuff but I saw this on imax and thought it was brilliant. Of course the lass was shite (and not a patch on Fox for me) and you could probably blow a million and one holes in it but it was just great fun.

X Men First Class. Was more than a bit sceptical of this after Wolverine was so poor but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't know if it's because unlike a lot of comic book adaptations, I didn't know too much about the origins on the x Men (don't even know if this is the true origins), but I enjoyed it much more than most series openers. I would put it up there with Batman Begins. It may not have quite the qulity of Nolans first but it was certainly as enjoyable.

I've got a great fondness of end of the world/society splitting apart at the seams/social collapse-type films, whether they be cheesey (Soylent Green), horror (Romero's zombie films) or deadly serious (Missing).

In fact, the more serious and realistic the scenario is, the more I'm interested

This looks like it could be good.

Plus, it's directed by Steven Soderberg.

Edited by dbsweeney

I've got a great fondness of end of the world/society splitting apart at the seams/social collapse-type films, whether they be cheesey (Soylent Green), horror (Romero's zombie films) or deadly serious (Missing).

In fact, the more serious and realistic the scenario is, the more I'm interested

Why is the Jude Law speaking in a fake English accent, when he is in fact English?

The boxing scenes in the fighter were awful.

;)

What you laughing at? :D

If you scratch the surface a little bit there's a boxing officianado in there somewhere. :shades:

Just trust me, Parquhar.

;)

If you scratch the surface a little bit there's a boxing officianado in there somewhere. :D

Just trust me, Parquhar.

:shades:

;)

If you scratch the surface a little bit there's a boxing officianado in there somewhere. :shades:

Just trust me, Parquhar.

:D

Why is the Jude Law speaking in a fake English accent, when he is in fact English?

Isn't it an Australian accent? ;)

;)

They shouldn't choreograph the fights in boxing films. In fact, they should just let two actors fight and then build the script around whoever wins. It'd be far more entertaining. My first pick would be Justin Timberlake vs Jason Statham. Justin Beebo vs Steven Seagal next up, the list is endless. They'd never get the insurance unfortunately.

Fire in Babylon: excellent cricket doco. Michael Holding offers a colorful insight into the mindset (and job requirements) of a genuine intimidatory, express paced fast bowler. Andy Roberts, that stone-faced leader of the hunting pack - he really an aura about him, provided some very witty quips relating to his reputation as the headhunter of the Windies four-pronged pace attack. Classic footage of Richards nonchalantly picking up his cap off the pitch, after nearly having his head taken off - that 2 or 3 second grab summed up Richards mastery of the mindgames that goes on between a top-class batsman and a strike-bowler. Brought back some great memories, from a great era. 4.5 out of 5.

Faster: starring B.B.Thornton and The Rock. Reminded of the Kill Bill flicks a bit, although not as good. Bad guys had a bit of character about them, rather than just being a set of cardboard cut-outs waiting to be taken out in quick sucession, akin to a Sly Stallone action pic. 3.5 out of 5.