Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Once Were Warriors - Enjoyed it despite the horrendous acting. Could have done with the oldest song kicking his dad all over at the end too

Aye it's decent there's a sequel to it called what becomes of the broken hearted which is ok as well.

Went to see Valkyrie yesterday afternoon. Pretty good, but not a blockbuster by any standards.

7/10

Agree with the Hips here. :(

I thought the story was told very well, there was always that Titanic feeling in the back of your head, don't get too attached to the character cos they'll end up in the freezing water!!

The scenes with Hitler were quite haunting!!

The Bourne Identity

Forgot about the bit where he jumps off the top flight with a corpse to protect his landing.

I concur. Not sure how that made the movie...and the way he landed would have at least induced 2 broken legs.

Edited by Holden McGroin

The Bourne Identity

Forgot about the bit where he jumps off the top flight with a corpse to protect his landing.

:(

The Greengrass ones are far better.

Not least because one of the first things he does is bumps of that annoying bird.

The Curious case of Benjamin Button.

I really enjoyed it, reminded me a lot of Forrest Gump, it has a similar feel to the story and is bloody long, nearly 3 hours, I felt it was a little let down by the ending though.

Recommended.

I really enjoyed it, reminded me a lot of Forrest Gump, it has a similar feel to the story and is bloody long, nearly 3 hours, I felt it was a little let down by the ending though.

Recommended.

Except for it being good?

Recommended.

I quite like Forrest Gump, I see the screen play was written by the same chap which probably explains the similarity.

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People - Really growing fond of that Pegg dude. Have enjoyed everything I've seen him in.

Primary Colors - yeap, still good

Slumdog Millionaire - Nothing special and a bit over the top. Can't believe they also all did a song and dance over the closing credits...

The Wackness - strangely appealing

Vicky Cristina Barcelona - pleasant enough story. Plus I'll watch anything with Penelope.

Anyone seen YES MAN yet? Would like to see it as I read the book few years ago and really liked it. Like Carey a lot too, but I fear this will be an over the top bastardisation of the story.

Recommended.

I quite like Forrest Gump, I see the screen play was written by the same chap which probably explains the similarity.

Can't stand it personally but each to their own. Actually my first instinct was to liken Button to Gump but I'm not sure that's really right. Really the only similarities are it's a love story that takes a while to come to fruition and it covers a long time frame so you see it against the backdrop of some of the major events of the 20th century. Fortunately in Button it really just keeps them in the backround though rather than having the main character really being a part of them.

Big Nothing

Quite a good little film i thought. A lot like Shaun of the Dead: not to be taken seriously yet not a typical comedy either.

Schwimmer is and probably always will be typecast from Friends mind, but he was alright in it.

Slumdog Millionaire - 7/10 Enjoyed it but the usual let down after all of the hype. City of God lite tbh. Might rate it better after another viewing.

Pretty in Pink - 7/10. Not as good as John Hughes best stuff but canny.

Some Kind Of Wonderfull - 6/10. As above but not quite as good.

Planes Trains & Automobiles - 6/10. Martin is a bit annoying in bits but John Candy is class. Mind you the rental car bit with Martin is comedy gold.

Pirates of The Carribean - At the end of the world (or summat)

Disappointment. Not a patch on the first two. There's plenty of action and great effects, but very little of it is as entertaining as before, they're doing all this expermentation like the Leone or hallucination sequences and forgetting the the derring-do the others had.

A Bridge Too Far - Classic Dicky.

Went to see Milk last night. Okay, but I wouldn't tell anyone it's a must see movie. I do like Sean Penn as an actor but this was not one of his best.

6.5/10. The marks may be a little wrong due to the fact I fell asleep half way through :lol: until mrs hips gave me 'the nudge' followed by 'the look'.

RockandRolla...............Guy Ritchie needs to get a new script, or have another idea. I thought it was shite, needed to be editted alot better, fairly self indulgent imo

He's Just Not That Into You

"An unendurable relationship-romcom which you should avoid like Anthrax" writes Peter Bradshaw.

:lol:

I thought I was going to go mad beforehand, I only spotted two other blokes in the packed out cinema and the incessant babbling in the room made it like the largest battery chicken coup in Europe. But I rather enjoyed it in the end. First film I've ever been to where the whole cinema broke into applause a few times.