Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Nanny Mcphee - Loved it. Very pertinent in the present political climate.

Meet Me In St Louis - Not much of a story but some classic tunes. Enjoyed it.

West Side Story - Disappointing. Was expecting a classic. The gangs are gayer than a John Barrowman appearance on Graham Norton.

Movie night with Happy Face and his grandmother was a huge success.

We watched Meet Me In St Louis on Friday night before going to bed at 10.30pm and it didn't pass without comment how much more enjoyable it was than standing in a 5 person deep scrum in a bar.

:lol:

:lol: I first saw Meet Me In St. Louis in the Dog and Parrot and the bar was so moved by it, they even stopped hitting each other with pool cues for five minutes to wipe away the tears and console each other.

Watched Invictus last night, really decent show, I would've liked to have see more examples of the conflict between black and whites leading up to the RWC, but Morgan Freeman was brilliant as Mandela. Was canny pissed watching it, thinking di Caprio has just delivered one of his best ever performances playing Francois Pienaar, turned oot it was Matt Damon. Beer + films = nar. Good film though, I'd give it 8/10, even though the actual rugby play in it was so piss poor, at the kick off they just passed the ball 10 yards to the other team.

Thought the whole set up was pretty poor cod nonsense. Had little dramatical tension and was all a bit, "hey look deep down black people have the same concerns and hopes as us..What a surprise". Freeman is good in almost everything. I reckon he'd even be good if he played a down and out telesales bloke in Croydon.

Twilight Eclipse. Now I only went to see this cos she wanted to, and I fully anticipated it being shit, but nothing - NOTHING - can prepare you for just how bad this film is. Hands down the worst film I've ever gone to the cinema to watch. About 40 minutes of the film is just that fucking twat vampire and that twisty faced bitch sat saying nowt to one another.

And this has nowt to do with how shit the movie is but aren't vampires meant to have fangs, and have to stay out of the sun. Not fucking these ones. Wandering around in broad daylight, pale as fuck, looking miserable. The only thing that separates them from goths is they can run fast.

They've just taken that LA vibe and imprinted onto a vampire film.

Predators. Best movie involving a predator since Predator 1. Still, pretty standard though.

Anyone seen Inception yet? I reckon i'll do another Orange Wed on that.

Average. 4/10

But better than the new Polanski 'Ghost Writer'. Really bad. 2/10. No tension, wit, vision, characters or anything. Nice house on the beach is all it had going for it. Bond nor Luke could save it.

Edited by Park Life

Predators. Best movie involving a predator since Predator 1. Still, pretty standard though.

Average. 4/10

But better than the new Polanski 'Ghost Writer'. Really bad. 2/10. No tension, wit, vision, characters or anything. Nice house on the beach is all it had going for it. Bond nor Luke could save it.

I looked here before Kevin's post to see the Predator review score was a 3. I demand explanation! Was it Danny Trejo?

Average. 4/10

I looked here before Kevin's post to see the Predator review score was a 3. I demand explanation! Was it Danny Trejo?

In all seriousness I couldn't give it a 3. But how the fuck do you cast a skinny creative actor (The Pianist etc) as the lead badguy? Ruins the whole thing. Some nice touches with the alien world but rest is predictable shoot anything that moves bollocks. No guile and littel mystery.

Average. 4/10

In all seriousness I couldn't give it a 3. But how the fuck do you cast a skinny creative actor (The Pianist etc) as the lead badguy? Ruins the whole thing. Some nice touches with the alien world but rest is predictable shoot anything that moves bollocks. No guile and littel mystery.

Fair enough. I did think that Adrien Brody was an odd choice like. I couldn't buy him as a threat to the Marks and Spencers returns department if he was arguing over a cashmere jumper that shrunk in the wash.

Average. 4/10

Fair enough. I did think that Adrien Brody was an odd choice like. I couldn't buy him as a threat to the Marks and Spencers returns department if he was arguing over a cashmere jumper that shrunk in the wash.

It's the done thing to put proper indie actors in your big blockbuster now. They imagine it lends them some weight you wouldn't otherwise get if you put Dolph Lundgren in it. I think it started with Tobey Macguire doing Spiderman.

Prince of Persia did it with the gay cowboy, Terminator and Batman had The Machinist in, the Green Hornet's coming soon and they've got Ryan Reynolds.

Average. 4/10

The original predator was more or less along the same lines although the characters were better. Brody was pretty beefed up as well and had about a 16 pack going on ! :lol: Not sure how you can pick on that.

Average. 4/10

It's the done thing to put proper indie actors in your big blockbuster now. They imagine it lends them some weight you wouldn't otherwise get if you put Dolph Lundgren in it. I think it started with Tobey Macguire doing Spiderman.

Prince of Persia did it with the gay cowboy, Terminator and Batman had The Machinist in, the Green Hornet's coming soon and they've got Ryan Reynolds.

Yeah but Christian Bale can do macho and scary and pissed off. Brody looks like he stepped onto the wrong set.

Average. 4/10

The original predator was more or less along the same lines although the characters were better. Brody was pretty beefed up as well and had about a 16 pack going on ! :lol: Not sure how you can pick on that.

Cinema is all in the eyes, Brody just has those looking for light fiction at the back of the bookshop eyes. And the orignal Predator had all the mystery of not knowing what the Predator is all about. We know that now, so follow ups have to either dig down for more mythology or have the characters in such a way that you actually care if they die. They tried the old "Yeah we'll put it on another planet" thing, which brings something in itself, but isn't really enough. The survivor who they meet could have been instrumental in taking this up a notch in the sense that he could have been used as a vehicle to investigate more of the Predator themes. Also after the first 20 or so minutes, I was looking forward to seeing other space races being dropped in - didn't happen. The lack of genuine creativity is shocking really.

Edited by Park Life

Inglorious Basterds - Quite good I thought. 7/10.

Wolverine x-men originals. - Also pretty good 7/10.

Is a lot of that sub-titled?

Nah. Not a massive amount.

A fair bit of it is but don't let that put you off, it's a brilliant film.

Inglorious Basterds - Quite good I thought. 7/10.

Wolverine x-men originals. - Also pretty good 7/10.

Is a lot of that sub-titled?

Nah. Not a massive amount.

A fair bit of it is but don't let that put you off, it's a brilliant film.

Yeah a fair bit is, but you don't really notice it though.