Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Little miss sunshine. Didn't even make it to the end of the film. Unadulterated shite. Let's try to make this as quirky as possible. How about trying to make it either A: Funny or B: Entertaining or C: Thrilling did not live up to any of these criteria which is why I watch films (you can through in knowledge enhancement but knew it wasn't going to be that).

The History Boys. Loved it funny and endearing although it was a bit of an Alan Bennet gay fantasy film where all the schoolboys want teacher to suck them off.

Bag if shite. Funny for the first half hour but then it was just plain wrong. Students wanting to fuck students, old man teacher groping young boys, young boys asking teachers for a blow job. WTF!!

Just shot The Godfather to watch in bed, it has been an absolute age since I've watched it despite the fact it ranks as one of my favourite films of all time.

Brando is stealing the show as we speak.

This has also got my thirst for the trilogy up as I shall watch Part II tomorrow night to see one of my favourite ever performances by De Niro, absolutely love it when he goes back to Sicily near the end.

City of God - Top top film but was the sound supposed to be so low in it or was it just my DVD? The music was fine but the dialogue was near impossible to hear.

I've never noticed the dialogue being too low. You got surround? Your levels might need adjusting. Even if they're set, there's this (paraphrasing from the AV forums)...

To avoid having to ride the remote every 5 mins my amp has an option in the Surround Parameters called DRC (Dynamic Range Compression or D.Comp). This has several settings such as Off, Low, Mid, High. Basically what this does is limit the Dynamic Range so you don't get a massive difference in volume when there's a loud explosion on screen. It also means you can have the overall volume louder so you can hear dialogue and other details easier. Try out each setting to see which you prefer. High would mean Maximum compression so you wouldn't have much volume difference when there's an explosion etc. Low or Mid can work quite well.

Nah no such settings on my amp, its beyond basic. Its never happened with any other DVD or video I've played so I'm not sure what the problem is but I was that busy concentrating on the subtitles I didn't mind missing out on the dialogue, still a great film.

Not as good as I thought it would have been if I'm being honest although I still did enjoy it, perhaps because I became impatient and downloaded it and it was obviously not in it's greatest quality that I couldn't appreciate the stunning visuals as much as I would have liked.

Not as good as I thought it would have been if I'm being honest although I still did enjoy it, perhaps because I became impatient and downloaded it and it was obviously not in it's greatest quality that I couldn't appreciate the stunning visuals as much as I would have liked.

*shakes head*

I think you really need to see epics like 300 at a cinema.

*shakes head*

I think you really need to see epics like 300 at a cinema.

I am well aware of that man I just couldn't wait any longer. <_<