I thought it was going to be a GOOD film. :D

I think thats what most people expect when they watch a film :unsure:

Edited by Gejon

Guest Patrokles

Phantasm. Bit naff.

Thought you didn't watch bad films :lol:

I thought it was going to be a GOOD film. :D

I think thats what most people expect when they watch a film :unsure:

Not when it's one your girlfriend is making you watch! (that doesn't apply to Phantasm. that was my own poor choice.)

Superman Returns on cable.

What a load of bollocks, incredibly naff and irritating. It's an interesting reflection on American society currently though, they've even managed to shoe-horn their pseudo-christian bull shit into a Superman film ffs. :lol:

they've even managed to shoe-horn their pseudo-christian bull shit into a Superman film ffs. :lol:

Superman was the original Christ allegory tbf.

Being how Jesus is a "super man" sent to save humanity.

Guest Patrokles

What a load of bollocks, incredibly naff and irritating. It's an interesting reflection on American society currently though, they've even managed to shoe-horn their pseudo-christian bull shit into a Superman film ffs. :lol:

Typical yawnsome anti-american twaddle.

they've even managed to shoe-horn their pseudo-christian bull shit into a Superman film ffs. :unsure:

If we're all Gods children, whats so special about Jesus? :lol:

[/ Jimmy Carr]

they've even managed to shoe-horn their pseudo-christian bull shit into a Superman film ffs. :unsure:

If we're all Gods children, whats so special about Jesus? :lol:

[/ Jimmy Carr]

His laser eye ray.

Guest Patrokles

New series starting soon in america called the sarah connor chronicles. Apperently its pretending T3 never happened and is starting off where T2 finushed. Can only be a good thing.

... it's called 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles.' What about that gives you any hope at all?

New series starting soon in america called the sarah connor chronicles. Apperently its pretending T3 never happened and is starting off where T2 finushed. Can only be a good thing.

... it's called 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles.' What about that gives you any hope at all?

I like the sound of the 'pretending T3 never happened' part tbh. But I kinda assumed things were sewn up at the end of T2 anyway.

Anti-evangelical maybe. I'd previously enjoyed the other superman films and Spiderman, Batman etc, so how am I anti-American? Do you disagree that there is a tren towards increasing christianity in America that is reflected in its media? That is the yawnsome twaddle imo.

Happy Face: as for superman always being a christian allegory, that's news to me. I don't see it in the other films or in the comics.

Anti-evangelical maybe. I'd previously enjoyed the other superman films and Spiderman, Batman etc, so how am I anti-American? Do you disagree that there is a tren towards increasing christianity in America that is reflected in its media? That is the yawnsome twaddle imo.

Happy Face: as for superman always being a christian allegory, that's news to me. I don't see it in the other films or in the comics.

....anyone who doesn't think Hollywood isn't pushing American values is deluded...sorry..

'tis a common theory...

Because Siegel and Shuster (creators) were both Jewish, it is thought that their creation was partly influenced by Moses, and other Jewish influences. Superman's Kryptonian name, "Kal-El," resembles the Hebrew words קל-אל, which means "vessel of God". The suffix "el", meaning "of God" is also found in the name of angels (e.g. Gabriel, Ariel); flying humanoid agents of good with super-human powers. Jewish legends of the Golem have been cited as worthy of comparison, a Golem being a mythical being created to protect and serve the persecuted Jews of 16th century Prague and later revived in popular culture in reference to their suffering at the hands of the Nazis in Europe during the 1930s and 1940s. Superman is often seen as being an analogy for Jesus, being a saviour of humanity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman

Snakes On A Plane

If Graham Lister can get 3 laughs from lard, why couldn't this multi million dollar production manage as many? I think there were 2 chuckles and half a grin, but generraly it was unmitigated shite. And it's not so bad it's good either, that can't be achieved by targetting it. A film needs to be completeley earnest to be laughed AT. This wants you to laugh with it, but there's fuck all there to allow you to.

EDIT: "GENERRALY"??? WTF? :lol:

EDIT2: targetting?? completeley??

Christ almighty.

Edited by Happy Face