Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

44inch chest.

Yes very Pinteresque, excellent central performances. Not quite put together right.

It always suprises me how so many potentially very good films are let down by a key ingredient being fucked up. Often it is the editing which fucks up the directors story to fit a time slot.

It's amazing how many times I've watched a film and thought that it had all the right ingredients but just didn't work.

This one time (at band camp) when I used to make commercials they brought this luvvy coronation street director in to "direct".

Didn't have a fucking clue and had to relieve him of his duties a quarter of a way through a two day shoot!

44inch chest.

Yes very Pinteresque, excellent central performances. Not quite put together right.

It always suprises me how so many potentially very good films are let down by a key ingredient being fucked up. Often it is the editing which fucks up the directors story to fit a time slot.

It's amazing how many times I've watched a film and thought that it had all the right ingredients but just didn't work.

This one time (at band camp) when I used to make commercials they brought this luvvy coronation street director in to "direct".

Didn't have a fucking clue and had to relieve him of his duties a quarter of a way through a two day shoot!

The biggest problem was that the storyline needed a sub-plot.

You would think there would be some sort of tick list!

It may be down to the speed at which they are churned out but some of these missing ingredients are so glaringly obvious that it is a mystery they can't be spotted and corrected by the people producing it.

You would think there would be some sort of tick list!

It may be down to the speed at which they are churned out but some of these missing ingredients are so glaringly obvious that it is a mystery they can't be spotted and corrected by the people producing it.

This is the team that did Sexy beast iirc.

Generally the more producer involvement there is the more diluted things get.

Intrinsically what is wrong with 44 is that the one plot line (his wife leaves him and they capture the bloke) isn't enough to carry the whole film.

I would have had a sub-plot where perhaps one of the gang is also having a bit on the side with one of the wives/girlfriends of another member. Or the fallout from the relationship jeapordises some kind of crime they are planning. The audience need more than one train to get on imo.

A Serious Man, the new Coen brothers. Was good if not brilliant and had another confusing ending that came out of the blue.

i couldn't stick it the whole way through, i just found it soooo slow going

Well it was interesting way to examine how absurd religions are when it comes to practical advice about life. I did wonder whether the inability of the rabbis to shed light on the main characters problems was played out overall in the film in that it didnt offer any answers either, hence the ending.

Sherlock Holmes 7/10

All the best bits were in the trailer but still an enjoyable yarn. Only complaint would be that there seemed a lot of "fluff" that could have been left out making a faster paced ride.

Downey is a class above, a pleasure to watch and I would love to see him get more roles.

Invictus 8 / 10

Would have been much better without the stupid accents.

That's what you get for setting a film in South Africa. Should've based it in Gateshead.

Very True, but its a tough accent to understand anyway before you get hollywood actors pretending to be South Africans.

When most people watch this they will find themselves at various points saying "what did he just say"?

Invictus 8 / 10

That's what you get for setting a film in South Africa. Should've based it in Gateshead.

Very True, but its a tough accent to understand anyway before you get hollywood actors pretending to be South Africans.

When most people watch this they will find themselves at various points saying "what did he just say"?

Probably something along the lines of "git your black hans orf mah car".

Invictus 8 / 10

Probably something along the lines of "git your black hans orf mah car".

:)

The Proposition.

Glorious. Ray winston was superb.

Love that film. Screenplay by Nick Cave too I think.

Yep, bought one of his books off the back of it.

And the Ass Saw the Angel?