Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

You heard of Overlord?

Made in 1975 it combines documentary footage with original footage that blends in with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlord_%28film%29

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProduct...&sku=764422

Meant to be harshly overlooked at the time.

Looks tasty.

On BBC4 at 11pm tonight.

Might be on Iplayer for the rest of the week. :wank:

The Pelican Brief is on in a minute, is it worth staying up for?

I normally like a Denzel movie but I've heard this one's a bit pap.

Hurry up, btw.

[

/quote]

it's very good if I remember right. But if unsure use imdb.com to see what it scores out of 10 on there and watch the trailor to see if it's your cup of cha

It's got to be better than Norbit, anyway.

Can't believe you're watching that bro. :wank:

I'm not, it was just the terrestrial alternative to the Pelican Brief. I may be a Eurovision fan but I do have some standards. :D

He's just not that into you- Rubbish :wank:

I have just bought Dorian Gray to watch, I'm looking forwards to it but I have a feeling I will be very let down as its one of my favourite films (and story) of all time.

Overlord is quality like. 24 hours late but never mind.

I was a bit disappointed. Probably built up too much in my head because it was 2 years ago I mentioned it on here and I've been waiting to see it since.

Happy Feet - 2001 A Space Odyssey for Penguins. Average.

Gilda - The Rita Hayworth one that Red and Andy Dufresne love in The Shawshank Redemption. Average film but she IS corking.

Ils - or 'Them'. Been waiting till I was in on my own at night to watch this and be scared shitless. I wasn't :wank:

Soul Power - As a music documentary it's no it's raining pleasure, although every festival in 2009 wanted to show it. As a historical doco it's almost as brilliant as When we were kings, they were shot at the same time by the same people for those that don't know the significance.

I'll have to watch that as 'When We Were Kings' is one of my all-time favourites.

I'd prefer you bought the other music doc mentioned :wank:

Alex, it's not as good as When we were Kings but you can see how they were trying to make a similar film but based around the music festival held in conjunction with the fight.

Not to detract from either film but I wonder if they would have been as successful had if the producers had of actually finished and released them at the time, in the mid 70s.

Avaturd

Urgh fuck me what a let down, a well trodden story of falling in love with the enemy, and switching sides (see dances with wolves) starring the love-children of Jar Jar Binks and Lion-O from Thundercats, oh yes the special effects were great but no substance beyond that.

Avaturd

Urgh fuck me what a let down, a well trodden story of falling in love with the enemy, and switching sides (see dances with wolves) starring the love-children of Jar Jar Binks and Lion-O from Thundercats, oh yes the special effects were great but no substance beyond that.

Agreed. District 9 was by far the years best human interloping with Aliens and helping them film.

Avaturd

Agreed. District 9 was by far the years best human interloping with Aliens and helping them film.

:) That should be a category at the Oscars. Speaking of which, as much as I enjoyed Avatar, I can't believe people are expecting it to clean up there. Actually I can, as the AAs are shit.

I agree btw. District 9 was the best thing I saw in the cinema last year.