Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

A Christmas Carol in 3D. Was canny good, but the 3D glasses they give you are dead uncomfortable and dig into the bridge of your nose. And they come in one size which is crazy given there'll be young kids going to see it. Sort it out cinema people. Me and the bird rolled up bits of tissues and used them to help with this issue but just kept pissing ourselves cos we looked like two Cedric Sneers at the pictures.

Also watched Grizzly Man. He was obviously a pretty disturbed bloke, and I did feel quite sad about what happened to him, but it was canny funny how a few hours before a bear tore him to pieces he was stood there going "If YOU come and try this, you will DIE. I am a silent warrior etc etc". Silly twat.

Jesus wept :(

If you didn't have a head like Rocky Dennis you'd have been fine. :lol:

Terminator Salvation

I was sort of enjoying it but there was an nagging feeling something was wrong. Then when I checked out the IMDb entry and clicked on a link where James Cameron gave his opinion I realised what it was - there were too many nods to the first two films and not enough fresh ideas. The nods seemed initially welcome but just kept coming to the point of excess. The final scene also reminded me of the season 1 finale of Dark Angel - maybe I've got to the stage where I've seen so much cult/action/Sci-fi that its all jaded unless it's truly original.

That pilot woman was fucking sexy though.

Avatar 3D. just at the normal cinema and not an IMAX.

Could have just watched it in 2D, it was quite good though. Tad to long for a cold night when you have the cold.

7/10.

Dreamgirls - Awful. I was filled with dread every time another song started. I love musicals, but the songs here were almost as bad as Trapped In The Closet for plot exposition inanity. How did it get Oscar nominated? I cried at the end like :icon_lol:)

Muppet Christmas Carol - Class.

Flags of our fathers - Average

Letters From Iwo Jima - Better

Encounters At The End Of The World - Herzog visits the south pole and chats to some of the characters colonising it. He's excellent as always, pondering as he does questions such as if basic single celled organisms are intelligent enough to use and filter different sands or feed of other animals then why don't monkeys ride goats and what happens to mentally unstable penguins. Superb.

Watched looking for Eric, I think Cantona should stick to playing beach football more than directing films, poor story line, poor acting, just really disappointing I thought.

Fantastic Mr Fox.

Quite good, but probably the most smug and introverted Wes Anderson film I've seen, and it's meant to be a kids' film.

I liked it but Roald Dahl would have absolutely hated it.

Isn't that like saying it's the scariest Stephen King book you've ever read? :icon_lol:

On a sidenote, if somebody out there could figure out how to make a 3-D movie without having to make the audience wear the glasses, they'd be a billionaire. FFS, come on- those glasses (in some form or another) have been around for like 50 fucking years. Sort it out!

Fantastic Mr Fox.

Quite good, but probably the most smug and introverted Wes Anderson film I've seen, and it's meant to be a kids' film.

Isn't that like saying it's the scariest Stephen King book you've ever read? <_<

On a sidenote, if somebody out there could figure out how to make a 3-D movie without having to make the audience wear the glasses, they'd be a billionaire. FFS, come on- those glasses (in some form or another) have been around for like 50 fucking years. Sort it out!

Aye I agree about the glasses. I really hope that 3D isn't the future of cinema cos I can't be fucked to be going to the cinema as Buddy fucking Holly every time.

Went to see Nativity yesterday. :icon_lol: Quality feel-good Christmas fare. Not one for the cool kids though.

Fantastic Mr Fox.

Isn't that like saying it's the scariest Stephen King book you've ever read? :icon_lol:

Well, yeah, the most Wes Anderson-esque Wes Anderson film I've seen. That's what I meant.

Watched looking for Eric, I think Cantona should stick to playing beach football more than directing films, poor story line, poor acting, just really disappointing I thought.

He didn't direct it. Ken Loach did. The bloke that did Kes.

Seen it before, but In Bruges again.

Ken: We shall strike a balance between culture and fun.

Ray: Somehow I believe, Ken, that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf.

Seen it before, but In Bruges again.

Ken: We shall strike a balance between culture and fun.

Ray: Somehow I believe, Ken, that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf.

Just watched it last night! Good stuff!

Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham.

Fantastic Mr Fox.

Well, yeah, the most Wes Anderson-esque Wes Anderson film I've seen. That's what I meant.

For the record, I LOVED Bottle Rocket. <_<

Saw Sherlock Holmes tonight. I really liked it. Don't misunderstand, it isn't a highwater mark in cinema or anything, but it's probably the best pop movie I've seen in a long time. Kudos to Madonnás ex-husband. :icon_lol: