Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Exorcist (Extended Edition)

Went to a talk by Mark Kermode promoting his book at the Hyde Park Picture House in Leeds last night, which was followed by a screening of the above. Great film (never seen it before) and an enjoyable evening but shattered now as the film finished at 1am as Dr K took a good hour and a half signing everyone's book.

Went to a talk by Mark Kermode promoting his book at the Hyde Park Picture House in Leeds last night, which was followed by a screening of the above. Great film (never seen it before) and an enjoyable evening but shattered now as the film finished at 1am as Dr K took a good hour and a half signing everyone's book.

I usually agree with Kermode's reviews of films but I will never understand his fascination with the exorcist, which he claims to have watched over a hundred times. It's shit.

I like Kermode but I remember watching 'Witchfinder General' after he waxed lyrical about it. Fucking hell :lol:

Vincent Price is still class in it though.

Just ordered Kingdon of Heaven off Amazon for 34p + P&P like.

Ment to be a good film. :)

Its absolute dog shite.

I ordered it because iv completed Assassins Creed and apparently it was set around the same time as the game...the Templars story is an intreaguing one.

At 34p i dont care if its shit :lol:

But a few people said t was good...we'll see.

Anyone know any good films about crusaders or warriors...stuff like 300 and Troy?

Watched Apolocolypto again recently...fuckin awesome film!!

I usually agree with Kermode's reviews of films but I will never understand his fascination with the exorcist, which he claims to have watched over a hundred times. It's shit.

It's no Cool Runnings like. He is obsessed with horror too which I'm not particularly fond of.

I disagree with several things he says but he's generally on the ball and quite entertaining.

Edited by luckyluke

The Lovely Bones

cinema has just had Sony superHD screens installed and its made a proper difference, visuals in the film were absolutely superb

quite enjoyed the film itself, I thought Stanley Tucci was excellent

Saw it yesterday. I thought it was alright, but tbh could have done without all the fanny on with the dead lass living in some magical land.

wouldn't have been much of a film without it mind ;)

Saw it yesterday. I thought it was alright, but tbh could have done without all the fanny on with the dead lass living in some magical land.

wouldn't have been much of a film without it mind ;)

Wasn't much of a film with it. :D

Local Hero

I know it's a modern classic, but I knew nowt about it. Thought it was a low budget British thing and was surprised to see Burt Lancaster and all the stuff in America. Really enjoyed it too....despite the ending being about as realistic as Snow White.