Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Incredible Hulk.

Somewhat entertaining crap.

Not as good as Iron Man, suffers from the same flaws though, as I found the big CGI battle at the end a bit uninteresting. More to do with the CGI though.

Went to see The Road last night. Wasn't particularly impressed, it had everything you'd expect from a film with Vigo Mortensen, it was quite long, very little happens, there was a quite nonedescript ending and he gets naked. I'm sure that the critics are raving about it, but that's because they exist in a different educational cultural sphere to me, one where shitty becomes gritty.

Saw Sherlock Holmes a while back, it's the complete opposite, leave your brain at the door and enjoy the ride. Well worth a look.

Went to see The Road last night. Wasn't particularly impressed, it had everything you'd expect from a film with Vigo Mortensen, it was quite long, very little happens, there was a quite nonedescript ending and he gets naked. I'm sure that the critics are raving about it, but that's because they exist in a different educational cultural sphere to me, one where shitty becomes gritty.

Saw Sherlock Holmes a while back, it's the complete opposite, leave your brain at the door and enjoy the ride. Well worth a look.

This is what's wrong in the film industry. The demand for films where you not only can leave your brain at the door, but must.

Harry Brown 6.9 - 10

In the air (the new clooney) 7.1

Law Abiding citizen 6.5

Invictus 7.2 (strong central performance from old watery brown eyes).

Youre a hard man to please Parky lad.

Everyone I know whos seen Law Abiding Citizen have given it 8.5+ man!

Harry Brown 6.9 - 10

Law Abiding citizen 6.5

The bloke out of 300 doing a one-man A-Team? Looks wank.

Harry Brown 6.9 - 10

Law Abiding citizen 6.5

Me actually watching a film is praise enough. ;)

The lovely bones. 3 / 10

My daughters reckon this is a great book but the film is dreadful on every level.

A depressing 90 minutes tale of child murder etc that is written so bad and acted so bad that you are simply saddened that you have wasted your evening rather than sad at the events on screen.

A tearjerker for all the wrong reasons.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang & The Road

I love Kiss kiss. How was the Road?

Up In The Air.

4 Clooneys out of 5. Very good.

The Road was quality viewing, had me on edge quite a few times.

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense.

All though described as a movie it's a live performance as opposed to a film by the Who or the Beatles which would be a narrative.

Either way a great watch and an amazing performance, I'm off to buy myself a 48'' suit jacket.

Man Push Cart

One of the worst films I have ever seen. Nothing about it was redeeming, the plot was dire, no loose ends were tied up, the acting was appalling, and nothing noteworthy happened. So bad that the director couldn't even be bothered to finish the movie.

Up in the air. 5/10. Pretty shit really and can't see what all the fuss is about.

Just got back from that.

Unlike you I thought it was excellent, Clooney was very good, it was an original story, with some lovely moments and no shortage of laughs.