Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Almost Famous. - Good 8/10. Did not realise Earl was in it though or that he used to skateboard. :icon_lol:

It's funny- I'm constantly telling people at work that Jason Lee used to be a great skater. Dunno who all he skated for over the years; he was with Santa Cruz when I was into skating.

Watched Fourth Kind last night. Wasn't bad. Kinda miffed at the deliberate misleading regarding the archive footage business, but the movie does have some legit scary moments and doesn't do too badly as a sort of Blair Witch wannabe project.

Almost Famous. - Good 8/10. Did not realise Earl was in it though or that he used to skateboard. :icon_lol:

It's funny- I'm constantly telling people at work that Jason Lee used to be a great skater. Dunno who all he skated for over the years; he was with Santa Cruz when I was into skating.

Watched Fourth Kind last night. Wasn't bad. Kinda miffed at the deliberate misleading regarding the archive footage business, but the movie does have some legit scary moments and doesn't do too badly as a sort of Blair Witch wannabe project.

clip here

skip to 55 secs to start

clip here

skip to 55 secs to start

I could watch old skate videos for hours, man. Cheers for the link!

Here's one of my all-time favorites- Rodney Mullen in the old World Industries video Rubbish Heap-

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Watched The Departed last night, don't know how I missed it the first time round.

Excellent film, superb cast.

You should watch the original.

Coraline.

Amazing animation and enchanting story...absolutely loved it, and will probably go see it again within the week. 9/10

Can't see how anyone would think this.

It was atrocious.

Like Mirrormask (the other animated Neil Gaiman story I've seen) it looked cheap and rushed, like something that belonged on CBBC rather than on a movie screen.

When you see something as gorgeous as Curse of the Were-Rabbit, a beautifully designed, lit, animated, scripted and directed joy to behold, this just didn't bare comparison at all. I think worst of all was the sound design which was as bad as any amateur animation you'll see on youtube (except maybe that one Kevin posted up), If there's no one speaking or clicking their heels sound was non-existant.

I cannot fathom the critical acclaim for it.

The Road. Jesus, bleak as fuck.

I read the book recently. Not a day brightener, is it ?

me too, that's why I was interested.

I'd probably see it regardless for the chance of a Viggo Mortensen nude knife fight.

Excellent French cop thriller. If you enjoyed stuff like Infernal Affairs, Beast Cops, Heat and that you'll love it

The Yes Men Fix the World

I never saw the first one, but this was on telly so i watched it. Since their biggest and best prank got so much media attention at the time, they couldn't really build to it. We get the story of that one early on and the rest of the stunts they pull seem ridiculous and insignificant by comparison. Still a canny entertaining doc.

Edited by Happy Face

Excellent French cop thriller. If you enjoyed stuff like Infernal Affairs, Beast Cops, Heat and that you'll love it

The Yes Men Fix the World

I never saw the first one, but this was on telly so i watched it. Since their biggest and best prank got so much media attention at the time, they couldn't really build to it. We get the story of that one early on and the rest of the stunts they pull seem ridiculous and insignificant by comparison. Still a canny entertaining doc.

Looking forward to 36.

Alice in Wonderland

It was canny. I do like Johnny Depp and he plays a cracking Hatter. I wasn't expecting much from it so I think that helped. Some good voice overs. Alan Rickman, Stephen Fry, Christopher Lee to name a few.

500 Days of Summer - Absolute gash.

I didn't mind that, but i think that was more to do with the soundtrack than the acting or plot

thinking back i just remember me going "oooo the smiths" and "awesome the pixies!"

That's how the bastards got me with The Boat That Rocked. Utter, utter gash film but decent soundtrack.