Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Carlitos Way : 8/10

Nick of Time : 6/10

Giving carlitos way anything less than a 9.5 is a travesty tbf.

Pacino looks a bit past it and a bit lame in this tbh.

I really liked the film. Also, tits & Viggo.

2012 - What I expected and thoroughly enjoyed it. Some questionable morals in the tale like

From the reviews i've read and the trailers I've seen, it seems horrifically religious. Says the world is destined to be destroyed, but it's a good thing because the righteous will survive (the only major character to die is the unmarried adulterer, right?) and build arks with two of each animal to start over.

It sounds like they started by trying to do a modern tale of Noah's ark (that infers global warming is gods will), but end literally with two giraffes getting on the boat, as if they can re-populate the earth.

Watched it over the weekend and it wasn't offensively shite. Just shite.

I normally get wrong for pointing out the stupid bits in films, but there were so many happening so frequently i couldn't get in quick enough. Everyone else was piping up with things, like wondering aloud why the air-traffic controllers didn't finish their shift early given it's their last day on earth. <_<

Hurt Locker. I enjoyed it, it's not fantastic but certainly worth watching if you like that kinda thing. Reminded me a little of Black Hawk down.

Alice in Wonderland 3D

Took my daughter to see it, really enjoyed it, typical Tim Burton (for the right reasons), better than I expected.

no boobs though which is always a disappointment.

4 for a tenner at blockbusters...

Up

The Men Who Stare at Goats

Inglorious Basterds

An Education

Up wasn't my cup of tea, Men who stare at goats was shite,

The latter two were excellent.

I paid 16 quid for the fucker at Blockbusters today! Didn't really have time to shop around as it was a present for my cousins who were leaving today, but still....

It's been a busy old week of movie watching in the Stott household.

Went to see Green Zone last night. As every commentator has said it is Bourne does Iraq.

Same Greengrass jaunty angles, quick edits and handheld feel, plenty of of quality action and chase sequences.

A good story as well, be interested to know how close to the thruth it is.. I liked it a lot.

Click

At least 5 strong laughs, one particularly strong. I enjoyed it.

Tony Manero

A Chilean fella under the rule of Pinochet ignores the politics going on around him having become obsessed with Saturday Night Fever and winning a Tony Manero lookalike contest. He's a dislikeable mix of Rupert Pupkin and Travis Bickle. It's an excellent film shocking and occasionally hilarious.

THe Happening, has anyone else seen this shit?! It's so bad it's not even good, just staggeringly gash.

Seven Pounds - interesting premise, too much schmaltz.

Tony Manero

A Chilean fella under the rule of Pinochet ignores the politics going on around him having become obsessed with Saturday Night Fever and winning a Tony Manero lookalike contest. He's a dislikeable mix of Rupert Pupkin and Travis Bickle. It's an excellent film shocking and occasionally hilarious.

Heard that's good and saw it's available at the local DVD rental store. Do you need a strong stomach? I can handle it to a point (Taxi Driver, as an example), but have never been able to bring myself to watch the likes of Irreversible and the like. Can't handle sexual violence and the like.

Tony Manero

Heard that's good and saw it's available at the local DVD rental store. Do you need a strong stomach? I can handle it to a point (Taxi Driver, as an example), but have never been able to bring myself to watch the likes of Irreversible and the like. Can't handle sexual violence and the like.

I thought i'd replied to this but it must not have worked.

Most of the violence takes place off the screen and whatever is shown made me laugh more than squirm. Not in the same league as Irreversible for being stomach churning.

Saw paranormal activity on DVD last week. it was quite scary.

Personally I think these low budget POV horror films are much more effective than other much more expensive gorefests. Must have been cheap as chips to make this one, didn't even have much in the way of outdoor scenes.

White Ribbon.

Good film, German film, sort of film that wouldnt be made in the States, disturbing, uncomfortable viewing still have not really worked out what it was all about though, about the seeds of facism I read afterwards