Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Social Network 8/10

Loved it. Loved seeing the different people at work. The creative geeks, the hapless business dude and the rest.

Exciting stuff to be involved in.

Aye, cracking film

Social Network 8/10

Loved it. Loved seeing the different people at work. The creative geeks, the hapless business dude and the rest.

Exciting stuff to be involved in.

Aye, cracking film

Yup ... great dialogue, acting and well put together. Won't change cinema history, but very entertaining.

American Splendor 7.5/10.

Giamatti is great as per usual. The director did a nice job too with some different takes/shots.

Considering either True Lies or else Time Cop tonight.

Edited by Barney

Due Date. I'd heard it wasn't very good, and was pleasantly surprised. Some decent laughs in it, and for once Hollywood made a comedy that wasn't 20 minutes too long (it's 1.5 hours long).

Lincoln Lawyer - Really good, recommended

title Reminds me of bill hicks' story of Jesus. "there's a Lincoln log in me sock drawer"

They shoot horses don't they - bit weird. Couples dance for weeks on end in a battle of endurance to win a measley prize. Heavy handed metaphor for life , quite funny in parts.

The man who would be king - classic racist fare :cuppa:

Giamatti is great as per usual. The director did a nice job too with some different takes/shots.

I went with James Camerons masterpiece.

Cock or not, Jamie Lee would get it.

I went with James Camerons masterpiece.

Cock or not, Jamie Lee would get it.

I always find Holywood films where they take someone attractive and try and muntify them so they can do a makeover back to the real deal funny as invariably I think I'd probably prefer to do them in "pig" mode.

See Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality as another example.

State of Play.

Very All The Presidents Men like (only not as good and without such a good cast (although the cast is still rather good)). Thought the ending was a bit much but enjoyed it other then that.

i liked it but the tv series is better :jesuswept:

Never seen the tv show, but I enjoyed the film very much. Crowe is always much more palatable when he's playing a schlub, rather than a genius or historical hero.

I was also a bit annoyed with the ending which seemed to

assure us all that corporate America is moral and wouldn't stoop to the levels of a couple of unhinged bad eggs. Would have preferred there not to be a twist tbh.

State of Play.

Very All The Presidents Men like (only not as good and without such a good cast (although the cast is still rather good)). Thought the ending was a bit much but enjoyed it other then that.

i liked it but the tv series is better :jesuswept:

Never seen the tv show, but I enjoyed the film very much. Crowe is always much more palatable when he's playing a schlub, rather than a genius or historical hero.

I was also a bit annoyed with the ending which seemed to

assure us all that corporate America is moral and wouldn't stoop to the levels of a couple of unhinged bad eggs. Would have preferred there not to be a twist tbh.

The TV series is for my money the best one-off British mini series I've possibly ever seen.