Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG? :lol:

That's not even the worst DC name.

Egg Fu

Egg_Fu_Earth-One_001-768x694.jpg

Oh and 

"Rainbow Raider

Another in a long line of weak, vaguely offensive super-villain motivations: colorblindness. Yes, Roy G. Bivolo was a recurring enemy of The Flash who was determined to become an artist despite his colorblindness. His father built him a pair of goggles that emit solid beams of rainbows he can ride around (a concept that must have seemed silly even at its inception), using them to commit art gallery heists. If he can’t appreciate art, no one can! The weak villain with the ridiculous costume and backstory somehow inspired a villain group called the Rainbow Raiders, but has mostly fallen into obscurity anyway."

To be fair, objectively, few of them have great names; Wolverine, Spider-Man and Batman are stupid names that have become acceptable because of the characters, but the really bad names are incredible.

Edited by The Fish

Since the comic nerds are in full swing, I watched Ant Man over the weekend.  

The comedy sidekicks were fucking atrocious.  Does the comic have a demographic ticking black man, mexican and european helping antman be antman?

The baddy was a shite  Lex Luthor looky likey portrayed more emotionally unbalanced than a double hard evil bastard.

The Bad Boys style police partners chasing after antman are a cheesy 80s style duo already lampooned to death, but presented here without humor. 

Despite those negatives, it was good fun otherwise.  Phoebe's lad is likeable in anything he does.  Michael Douglas is always watchable and the "Big" finale being played out on a Thomas Tank set was very well done.

Didn't get half the stuff about captain America and the Avengers having not seen most of these films, but i just let that go over my head and it didn't bother me.

Also watched Hail, Caesar.  Could feel my eyelids dropping later into it.  Nothing to criticise about it though. All top notch performances and a funny story, just wasn't belly laughing at any of it.  Kermode and Mayo totally ruined "Would that it were so simple", but the payoff when you see him deliver the line on the dailies was probably the biggest laugh.

Also watched Hail, Caesar. Could feel my eyelids dropping later into it. Nothing to criticise about it though. All top notch performances and a funny story, just wasn't belly laughing at any of it. Kermode and Mayo totally ruined "Would that it were so simple", but the payoff when you see him deliver the line on the dailies was probably the biggest laugh.

Watched about 20 mins of hail Caesar and gave up, just felt like it was trying too hard. The big short was even worse at this and I think I gave it the same time span.

The Big Short was quality. Not to be confused with mint.

Aye finally got round to watching it on Sunday night, it was definitely quality. I read the book a few years ago as I like Michael Lewis and they did a good job turning that sort of book into a film.

Keeping with the Wall Street theme I finally watched The Wolf of Wall Street, Margot Robbie is mot like. Proper long but DiCaprio did a good job of playing that A-grade cunt, enjoyable film and I'd give it another watch in future.

Aye finally got round to watching it on Sunday night, it was definitely quality. I read the book a few years ago as I like Michael Lewis and they did a good job turning that sort of book into a film.

Keeping with the Wall Street theme I finally watched The Wolf of Wall Street, Margot Robbie is mot like. Proper long but DiCaprio did a good job of playing that A-grade cunt, enjoyable film and I'd give it another watch in future.

Came out of that film and immediately googled quaaludes to see if we could get them anywhere. Was disapointed to find out South Africa is basically the only place you can get them now.

Jason Bourne. If you liked the other ones, you'll like this. The Bourne movies are so much better than the Bond series. I haven't enjoyed a Bond movie in years.

All Bond movies are now are adverts for Sony etc.  Shite.

Jason Bourne. If you liked the other ones, you'll like this. The Bourne movies are so much better than the Bond series. I haven't enjoyed a Bond movie in years.

Good news brother. Ian Fleming was dark side anyway.