Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I'm a big fan of the series, despite the third being a bit of a mess. Always considered Supremacy to be the best one myself.

Have you read the books? Probably the most important American novels of the last 40 years.

Haha don't go there, you'll have KCG's all over you.

I really like the third one and enjoy the second by far the least. Was thinking last night that I might try and dig out the novels, my uncle recommended them to me years ago. I've got a bit of Irving Welsh to catch up on first though.

Well it is the worst Marvel film I've seen in ages. Agree with him about Spidey though. Was by far the best part of the film.

Really?

I loved the Tunnel and Siberia scenes, thought Black Panther was a scene stealer, thought Antman and Spidey hit the punchlines well too.

:dunno: At least you're not just dismissing it as shit, even though you're really really old.

Really?

I loved the Tunnel and Siberia scenes, thought Black Panther was a scene stealer, thought Antman and Spidey hit the punchlines well too.

:dunno: At least you're not just dismissing it as shit, even though you're really really old.

Low blow yo twat. I enjoy a good comic book film as much as anyone. The Nolan Batman's, the original Superman, the first Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Watchmen are all excellent films imo. But I also think it's getting a bit lazy now that they're just the fallback starting point for an action film these days. And I've found most of the recent ones, particularly Avengers 2 and Civil War dull as fuck for the most part. On a positive note I really enjoyed Deadpool.

Low blow yo twat. I enjoy a good comic book film as much as anyone. The Nolan Batman's, the original Superman, the first Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Watchmen are all excellent films imo. But I also think it's getting a bit lazy now that they're just the fallback starting point for an action film these days. And I've found most of the recent ones, particularly Avengers 2 and Civil War dull as fuck for the most part. On a positive note I really enjoyed Deadpool.

You mean the Christopher Reeve one, right?

I'm hoping that the demand for and subsequent success of Deadpool will breathe life in R-Rated comic book movies, and by extension R-Rated action movies as a whole. I've seen loads of movies that've shied away from the adult ratings for fear of missing out on a big group of potential customers, and they've suffered for it.

Haha don't go there, you'll have KCG's all over you.

I really like the third one and enjoy the second by far the least. Was thinking last night that I might try and dig out the novels, my uncle recommended them to me years ago. I've got a bit of Irving Welsh to catch up on first though.

Word of warning, they are nothing like the films.

They are still really good reads though

You mean the Christopher Reeve one, right?

I'm hoping that the demand for and subsequent success of Deadpool will breathe life in R-Rated comic book movies, and by extension R-Rated action movies as a whole. I've seen loads of movies that've shied away from the adult ratings for fear of missing out on a big group of potential customers, and they've suffered for it.

Aye obviously the Reeve one. They've all been pretty shit since then.

Yeah it would be nice to see the R rated action films make a comeback.

Going to see The Secret Life of Pets next week. Already excited.

The best thing about having kids, without question, is taking them to see all the animated movies, acting like its a bit of a chore to the Mrs ( who wouldn't go if life on Earth depended on it), then filling them full of the worst sweets imaginable, popcorn, Cola, and any other normally prohibited kets, watching(and thoroughly enjoying), the movie with them, then handing them over to Mrs.F with a

" I've done my bit for the day, your turn"

as you slope off to the local hostellry.

Works every time :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Suicide Squad at the weekend. I didn't have particularly high expectations so came out of it content with what I saw. Some of the writing is terrible though and there's at least a couple of characters (Captain Boomerang and Katana) that are comepletely pointless. Robocop wasn't great in it but Leto was a decent (if completely underused) Joker and Smith wasn't too bad. But the undoubted star of the show was Margot Robbie's arse. They could make a trilogy just staring her arse and it wouldn't get remotely boring.

went to see it yesterday morning as well, thought it was /ok/, i wasn't expecting much from it which probably helped me not being particularly let down.

Thought Joker was fine had no issues with how he Leto played him,

The rest just seemed disjointed like it was badly edited after things being cut, going from some scenes to others looked liked someone had hit +10seconds and you'd missed some kind of transition.

Margot Robbie can't act it would seem so luckily she's got the looks, think Kirsten Bell/Alison Brie wouldn't have been bad shouts for a go as Harley Quinn

not the best not the worst, but the marvel franchise can rest easy as the dc stuff hasn't been a threat so far at all

They probably should've bit the bullet and went for the 18certificate and done some proper damage, the poor middle ground doesn't suit this kind of film with the cast it had, it's bad guys not Batman who kills no fucker

I didn't have any problems with her acting but that may be just because I was just staring at her ever second she was on screen.

I don't know much about the comics but yes it did seem to me that it should have been a lot darker and more violent, especially as the two main characters have no real super powers and are rather just psychotic/expert killers. Nolan got the tone perfectly for me on the Dark Knight and this should have went further than that but it's clearly aimed at a younger audience than me.

I enjoyed Suicide Squad personally; was kind of theatrical in the classic DC way, over the top in places and so on. Watchable throughout and hard to think of a lot wrong with it.

Agree with DK on the movie's main starring role though...

Also I couldn't make the 2D showing so we went to the 3D. This was an absolute joke. I'm not really a fan of most 3D films, the only three I've seen where I really thought it worked were Avatar, Gravity and Piranha 3D. But charging extra for it on this film was insulting. There's fuck all 3D in it absolutely no need for it anyway.

I enjoyed Suicide Squad personally; was kind of theatrical in the classic DC way, over the top in places and so on. Watchable throughout and hard to think of a lot wrong with it.

Agree with DK on the movie's main starring role though...

I did quite enjoyed it but I did think it was a missed opportunity and quite poorly done in a lot of ways. Slipknot's role was embarassing tbh.

They probably should've bit the bullet and went for the 18certificate and done some proper damage, the poor middle ground doesn't suit this kind of film with the cast it had, it's bad guys not Batman who kills no fucker

No, he shouldn't, should he.

giphy.gif