Joelinton

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Oh now HE'S the one posting Tifo videos. Wasn't like this when I posted that controversial xG video though, was it?! Absolute liberty. 

I explained why that explanation of xG was utter bollocks at the time. One day you'll look back and understand son....you've got a lot of growing up to do before then :cuppa:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I explained why that explanation of xG was utter bollocks at the time. One day you'll look back and understand son....you've got a lot of growing up to do before then :cuppa:

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Lad at work sometimes calls me and others young'un and he's a bit of a knob. It's even funnier/tragic that I'm older than him. :lol:

The story behind that clip btw. College football coach having a rant at the press for picking on his players when they're just kids. 

"COME AFTER ME! I'M A MAN! I'M 40!"

...is just fucking hilarious to me. :lol: It sounds so much like a weird brag. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FAO @essembeeofsunderland

Nice statistical breakdown of Joelinton’s transformation by Chris Waugh in the Athletic, highlighting how he has become one of the best midfielders in the league

“The 25-year-old is thriving as a No 8. His defending intensity (99 out of 99), aerial duels quantity (99), disruption of opposition moves (92), carry and dribble volume (92) and ball recoveries and interceptions (89) ratings, all adjusted to compare him to other central midfielders, are extremely impressive.

When it comes to his duels ratings, which are weighted based on the quality of opposition, Joelinton performs particularly well with his tackling. With a rating of 76, he is significantly above the Premier League average, just as he is for open-play headers (70).”

https://theathletic.com/3199497/2022/03/23/his-defensive-awareness-is-incredible-breaking-down-joelinton-the-midfielder/?source=user_shared_article

96D39791-DF4A-44FB-8BE7-1AD0E82F48B0.jpeg

Gloom flip-flops more than an actual flip-flop.

Bed-wetter brigade ->Team Right

Luddite -> Team Right

Those stats do show where Joelinton can improve his game though; specifically ball retention and link up play. Both are metrics that should improve the more he plays alongside Bruno.

look dipshits, i was bed wetter ceo when we're stranded near the bottom, four points from safety or whatever it was, with a single win to our name all season. i've been pretty confident since the everton/villa games because it's been clear since then that howe's work on the training game is paying off. 

as for xG - that can still do one. i was pointing more to the meaningful stats, such as ball recovery, duels won etc. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But he equalled Rafa’s last league finish. The table isn’t decided on xP.

have you just outed yourself as a fan of xG? gemmill and fish is one thing. i expected better from you

I prefer to use my eyes to judge how a team has played but there is much more to a game than the final score. The likes of xG can be a useful tool in explaining that to those who know fuck all about football e.g. Gemmill.

• Haha 6

XG and it’s ilk is just another measure of how the game went. On its own it’s pretty meaningless but when used with other statistics it gives a better picture of how each team did what they did. 

I pay it no mind because I know everything about football, but that’s not to say it’s useless.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I prefer to use my eyes to judge how a team has played but there is much more to a game than the final score. The likes of xG can be a useful tool in explaining that to those who know fuck all about football e.g. Gemmill.

Different posts, same end goal. Winners

58 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The only stats that matter are goals for and goals against lads. YOU DON'T WIN GAMES WITH DEFENDING INTENSITY. [/Craig] 

Aye ... we lost against Everton, but not to worry lads, we had a better xG than them :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I prefer to use my eyes to judge how a team has played.

This.

Edited by Craig

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Hey cunt face, I'd started writing a response saying "he's an intelligent man, of course he respects xG", but you can get back in your rang and bone cart and stick that up your arse now. Unbelievable. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Stats are for lameazoids who need validation for their opinion on something they’ve just watched. FACT

some stats are more equal than others