Jump to content
Anorthernsoul

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Just had a text off my line manager. He's apparently spoken to the director in question who's been a cunt and they've all agreed we can work from home. They're just worried about the workshy not outputting. 

 

I've not replied. I won't get the email as I'm not logged into my work emails so fuck em. He's acted an utter cunt and shot himself in the foot big style. 

giphy.gif

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

I think the logic of all of this isn't to prevent you or anyone else getting the disease, it's just to slow it down. So you can take from this that as an NHS employee, you're sort of in the group that has been designated to get it earlier.

 

But that aside, this seems to be really stressing you out man, and you've mentioned previously that you struggle with this kind of thing. Is there anything you can do to try and find calm in all of this? The high, high likelihood is that whatever happens, you and your family will be ok.

 

Yeah, I do have a history of anxiety and mild depression and this is stressing the fuck out of me. I know everyone is in the same boat. Some people find work therapeutic, others like me can't concentrate in these situations. I just would hope for some leeway from my employer, but nah. 

 

One lad that works with my wife started worrying about this thing back in early January! Since then it's just been a progression of hideous news and now I think he's had a full on break down, the poor sod. I'm not quite there yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Renton said:

 

Yeah, I do have a history of anxiety and mild depression and this is stressing the fuck out of me. I know everyone is in the same boat. Some people find work therapeutic, others like me can't concentrate in these situations. I just would hope for some leeway from my employer, but nah. 

 

One lad that works with my wife started worrying about this thing back in early January! Since then it's just been a progression of hideous news and now I think he's had a full on break down, the poor sod. I'm not quite there yet.

 

All you can do is do what you can. Don't forget, your boss is maintaining a line here because he has to. Are they really expecting that there will be no dip in productivity in all this? It's possible, but it's unlikely. But they have to maintain that line to stop people taking the piss. Read the email in that context and then just do the best you can. 

 

You are self-evidently not taking the piss and you're not about to start. So just be assured that whatever you can do each day is the best that you can do, and don't stress about the shit that doesn't get done.

 

Zoom out on all of this and you realise that none of this shit matters. The important stuff is what's going on in the hospitals and the people trying to find a vaccine. Everything else is completely irrelevant. Try and remind yourself of this. Seriously, it doesn't matter and its definitely not worth having a breakdown over. 

 

Good luck. And I hope this doesn't sound patronising cos I am genuinely concerned about you. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a video call with my team leader - he's sitting in his kitchen with his 2 year old wandering around in the background while his wife potters about looking after their 6 month old - looks like heaven :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

 

All you can do is do what you can. Don't forget, your boss is maintaining a line here because he has to. Are they really expecting that there will be no dip in productivity in all this? It's possible, but it's unlikely. But they have to maintain that line to stop people taking the piss. Read the email in that context and then just do the best you can. 

 

You are self-evidently not taking the piss and you're not about to start. So just be assured that whatever you can do each day is the best that you can do, and don't stress about the shit that doesn't get done.

 

Zoom out on all of this and you realise that none of this shit matters. The important stuff is what's going on in the hospitals and the people trying to find a vaccine. Everything else is completely irrelevant. Try and remind yourself of this. Seriously, it doesn't matter and its definitely not worth having a breakdown over. 

 

Good luck. And I hope this doesn't sound patronising cos I am genuinely concerned about you. 

 

Cheers. Dont be concerned though. Im okay really, just venting as wykiki says. I'm most pissed off about the school thing, but we'll work round that. Agree with everything else in this post.

 

Save your concern for the real frontline staff. They are in for a torrid time. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Ventin' Renton. Sounds like a nickname Trump would give him.

alright queen meenze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

PL’s DRA reads “ fuck this” 

 

 


:lol:

 

“I’D RATHER BE A SICKNOTE THAN A CORPSE 

 

best regards etc etc “

 

There was a group call thing yesterday and I’ve found out this morning that the lads were all told “keep attending sites, if you don’t there’s 100s who will”  which is utter bullshit considering we’re a week away from TUPE. There’s been very good news this morning too, I’m signed off till mid May and our new employers have confirmed that I’ll be off on full pay because of my health issues in relation to Coronavirus and it won’t actual affect sickness benefits. They’re basically paying my full salary from April 1st :good:

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

A load of small, local shops are still open apparently. Staggering.

 

Not food shops, I mean. Someone text saying a carpet shop was open before.

I love carpets, me.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current Mrs PL has been told that she’s not to go back to work till the end of May on 80% of wages. I’d say it’s been a good morning in lots of ways, but that can only be truly assessed at the end of May :D 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This just came up on my FB 

" People are pathetic I work in Asda,  Families mams & dads & kids are still coming into the shop wandering round like it's a day out" 

Are these people stupid ffs. I can see this having to go full lockdown with curfews etc before some people realise .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, trooper said:

This just came up on my FB 

" People are pathetic I work in Asda,  Families mams & dads & kids are still coming into the shop wandering round like it's a day out" 

Are these people stupid ffs. I can see this having to go full lockdown with curfews etc before some people realise .


I came off Facebook after reading the 327th variation on this post

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye. Look after your own sanity and shut it out. Easier said than done, but I'm trying to make a point of only looking at the big picture - government advice etc. - and the small picture - family, friends, job, immediate neighbourhood. None of us have enough energy to worry about all the stuff in between for months on end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So long as Graham doesn’t peg it. 

I heard he's a fan of the ol' pegging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first time I tell a police officer I’m out of the house exclusively to buy cans is going to be surreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×