Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Harsh, don't go anywhere KD

IIRC Renton has three very vulnerable immediate family members living next door where he has genuinely has to consider the risk to their lives by entering their house. But aye, you have a cheap laugh at his expense. Clearly empathy isn’t something you’ve learned on your recent journey.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

IIRC Renton has three very vulnerable immediate family members living next door where he has genuinely has to consider the risk to their lives by entering their house. But aye, you have a cheap laugh at his expense. Clearly empathy isn’t something you’ve learned on your recent journey.

Yawn

I don't take @TheGingerQuiff that seriously, he's had a hard time recently and honestly I don't think his own mental health is good. Hope things work out better for you mate, genuinely.  Myself, 2021 is looking horrendous before factoring covid and Brexit. Maybe 2022 will be better. 

Hope you're doing canny this Christmas, Renton. As well as you can possibly be with your situation. We had a bit of piss-taking back and forth at the start of all of this but hope you realise I wasn't genuinely belittling your concerns or anything along those lines, just reacting to things with a joking detachment as I often do in cases like this. Probably should have reined it in a bit so sorry if I fucked you off with anything I said. I hope we can all get together and realise what this holiday was actually made for; us all coming together and belittling The Fish for liking comics.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't take @TheGingerQuiff that seriously, he's had a hard time recently and honestly I don't think his own mental health is good. Hope things work out better for you mate, genuinely.  Myself, 2021 is looking horrendous before factoring covid and Brexit. Maybe 2022 will be better. 

I'm much improved mate, and my problems pale in significance to yours. Being able to point out to you when you're being a bit of a fanny though is key to my own recovery though ;)

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm much improved mate, and my problems pale in significance to yours. Being able to point out to you when you're being a bit of a fanny though is key to my own recovery though ;)

👍 seriously mate, no bother. This place is therapeutic. Stop running down the rabbit hole though! 

Just seen the Eurotunnel shut at 10PM tonight

The Port of Dover also tweeted: "Ferry terminal at the port of Dover is closed to all accompanied traffic leaving the UK until further notice due to border restrictions in France."

Desperate Brits stranded at Heathrow Airport amid coronavirus travel ban

I  think this mutant strain of the virus is a lot more serious than they're letting on. It might be time to scrap the tier system & go for a total Lockdown. Stay at home curfews etc. Theres something seriously wrong here I'm genuinely worried about this dramatic turn of events. 

Edited by trooper
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, trooper said:

Just seen the Eurotunnel shut at 10PM tonight

The Port of Dover also tweeted: "Ferry terminal at the port of Dover is closed to all accompanied traffic leaving the UK until further notice due to border restrictions in France."

Desperate Brits stranded at Heathrow Airport amid coronavirus travel ban

I  think this mutant strain of the virus is a lot more serious than they're letting on. It might be time to scrap the tier system & go for a total Lockdown. Stay at home curfews etc. Theres something seriously wrong here I'm genuinely worried about this dramatic turn of events. 

Feels more to me like the government used the new strain as an excuse to cancel the Christmas break at late notice and it's spectacularly backfired! 

Good test run for a no deal Brexit though 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Feels more to me like the government used the new strain as an excuse to cancel the Christmas break at late notice and it's spectacularly backfired! 

Good test run for a no deal Brexit though 

I did think that myself. And, aye, even if it is less than 2 weeks away....

It would be typical of Johnson if he exaggerated the dangers of the new strain as an attempt to deflect criticism of a decision he should have taken anyway only for it to have disastrous consequences in terms of freight and travel etc. 

In my view the borders should have been shut apart from for freight since March anyway - like in those countries that have done much better than the UK. 

On 19/12/2020 at 05:48, PaddockLad said:

Murdoch urged people to get the vaccine, saying: “I would like to thank the keyworkers and the NHS staff who have worked so hard throughout the pandemic, and the amazing scientists who have made this vaccine possible. I strongly encourage people around the world to get the vaccine as it becomes available.”

Meanwhile, on Murdoch’s flagship US news show...

One of his sons should put the fuckin old cunt out if his misery this Christmas...

How many sons does Tucker Carlson have?  I agree with the sentiment, though.  

Just now, Gemmill said:

I don't know where Swayne's constituency it's mental that there's enough complete cunts living in one place to see him elected repeatedly. 

New Forest West, starts about 10 miles from where I am...you could put a blue rosette on one of the local wild ponies and it would be returned with an 80%+ majority ....next door to this charmer...

https://news.sky.com/story/why-mp-sir-christopher-chope-objected-to-making-upskirting-a-criminal-offence-11406015