Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I tested positive this morning. I was at Chelsea v Leeds on Saturday and a packed pub afterwards, so I suspect that may have done for me (either that or my two permanently snotty nosed daughters). I wouldn’t have spotted it but we are supposed to have our work christmas do tonight so everyone agreed to do a LFD test. Not having to go to that is a massive silver lining.

I got my third Moderna a week ago so only have a slightly dry throat. It would appear the vaccines do work.

Every fucker is getting this aren't they? Its looking increasingly ludicrous to me that our Xmas party is still on on Friday. If I got it then I'd potentially fuck up Xmas quite a bit. I hope everyone at work at least does a LFT, and we'll avoid pubs, but will waitresses etc do this knowing they need the money? Just have to hope its a lot more mild than delta. Some data is pointing it to being a bit more mild, but I've also seen data it is a bigger threat to kids, with 65 children hospitalised yesterday? That's my biggest worry. Really hard to get the source data though, so hope this was BS information. 

i've got tickets for a show in west end next week. the kids are going to be gutted but it feels highly irresponsible to go now and we'll lose hundreds on the tickets. the right thing to do is for johnson to bail out hospitality over xmas but of course he won't so businesses owners and punters lose out. 

1 minute ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

It is absolutely tearing through London at the moment. It’s not surprising given how busy the pubs are and how busy public transport was until this week. Then you have stupid pricks like myself going to football matches.

the pubs are pretty dead compared to what it's usually like at this time of year in my corner of south london. seems like most people are scared about ruining xmas

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Every fucker is getting this aren't they? Its looking increasingly ludicrous to me that our Xmas party is still on on Friday. If I got it then I'd potentially fuck up Xmas quite a bit. I hope everyone at work at least does a LFT, and we'll avoid pubs, but will waitresses etc do this knowing they need the money? Just have to hope its a lot more mild than delta. Some data is pointing it to being a bit more mild, but I've also seen data it is a bigger threat to kids, with 65 children hospitalised yesterday? That's my biggest worry. Really hard to get the source data though, so hope this was BS information. 

You don't have to go you know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i've got tickets for a show in west end next week. the kids are going to be gutted but it feels highly irresponsible to go now and we'll lose hundreds on the tickets. the right thing to do is for johnson to bail out hospitality over xmas but of course he won't so businesses owners and punters lose out. 

Cobra meeting this aft

Lockdown for Christmas incoming 

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I thought this too, why risk it? The office Christmas party is nice and all but it's not worth risking actual family Christmas for.

• Like 1

Well you're both right but I must admit being new and quite senior at my work I do feel a bit pressurised. Kind of hoping it would just be cancelled anyway but the closer it gets the worse I feel about cancelling as a lot of money has been spent. I may get a positive LFT on Friday morning. ;)  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well you're both right but I must admit being new and quite senior at my work I do feel a bit pressurised. Kind of hoping it would just be cancelled anyway but the closer it gets the worse I feel about cancelling as a lot of money has been spent. I may get a positive LFT on Friday morning. ;)  

i don't know anyone whose office party hasn't been cancelled. i'd be amazed if yours goes ahead 

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Cobra meeting this aft

Lockdown for Christmas incoming 

Naaah...not with this mob & it's err "leader"...but it probably should be. Kudos to @Renton who explained all this days ago...don't think many are taking much notice though  :(

https://news.sky.com/story/staggering-omicron-case-numbers-to-hit-uk-in-next-few-days-health-chief-warns-12496349

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't know anyone whose office party hasn't been cancelled. i'd be amazed if yours goes ahead 

Prevalence of omicron is 10 times higher in London than in the NE at the moment. But yeah, work is sensible about working from home so I think this will be cancelled soon. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Mine* hasn't. :yahoo:

*On account of not having one in the first place. No work party's for the workers. They wouldn't want us getting any ideas or anything.

• Haha 4

Mrs. F. works for a large housing group, named after a penguin, in Bampville. 
They were wfh for most of the last round of virus-based fun. 
Their big boss has said no-one can wfh this time, (ignoring govt. guidelines), as he reckons productivity will drop. 
Mrs.F. doesn’t produce anything in her role- she looks after 16-24yr old bamps who live alone. 
She can do all her “contact” work ( which, per bog boss’s instructions, is non-contact, and could be done virtually), in 2 days and wfh for 3 for admin..… which she did very well last time. 

Bloke is an absolute whopper, and if we end up lurgied over Christmas I’ve told her I’ll be having full-contact with him :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye, I was supposed to be going to one on Friday. Just said I’m not going since I’m trying to mitigate any risk of spoiling Xmas for the kids / family after last year. Everyone was ‘fair enough, no bother’. If anyone had a problem with that I wouldn’t have given a fuck anyway. It’s a perfectly reasonable excuse in the current climate. 

• Like 2

I will get shot down for this.

But apparently the +ve for PCR tests are still at the same as they have been for weeks.  The increase in +ve at the moment is inline with the increase with testing. 

Don't have a clue how that works mind.  I try and find where I read it.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I will get shot down for this.

But apparently the +ve for PCR tests are still at the same as they have been for weeks.  The increase in +ve at the moment is inline with the increase with testing. 

Don't have a clue how that works mind.  I try and find where I read it.

Maybe more people are getting tested because more people have covid? :scratchchin: