Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Nice one cheers Rents. Further context to all of this is that my lass is very much of the opinion that she works with unmasked kids all week, so the idea that she would then not go for a meal on a weekend with people thst she also works with makes no sense to her. 

Which I get. BUT WHAT ABOUT ME?! 

• Haha 1

got tickets to a west end show next week and am on the brink of sacking it off (no refund unless you prove you have covid, which we may well have by then). 

not really sure what to do. kids will be gutted to miss it, but parents will be gutted to miss seeing the kids over christmas. but then there's a feeing of inevitability about contracting it now the way cases are surging down here. 

it's pretty obvious that government should just close hospitality for a month or so while cases are surging, but they clearly don't want to provide any more financial aid. 

it feels like they really are going for herd immunity this time and crossing their fingers that the vaccine does enough to stop the nhs completely drowning. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

got tickets to a west end show next week and am on the brink of sacking it off (no refund unless you prove you have covid, which we may well have by then). 

not really sure what to do. kids will be gutted to miss it, but parents will be gutted to miss seeing the kids over christmas. but then there's a feeing of inevitability about contracting it now the way cases are surging down here. 

it's pretty obvious that government should just close hospitality for a month or so while cases are surging, but they clearly don't want to provide any more financial aid. 

it feels like they really are going for herd immunity this time and crossing their fingers that the vaccine does enough to stop the nhs completely drowning. 

Just lie and tell the kids the show isn't happening anymore because of covid. Are they old enough to prove you a liar? 

I'm on the fence about going to a restaurant where I'll be relatively will insulated from other groups, but I absolutely definitely wouldn't be going to a theatre packed with thousands. 

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

The stupidity of herd immunity in the face of new variants is obvious - even if they'd achieved it with delta we'd still be fucked. 

the pace omicron is tearing through the population, we could achieve herd immunity against it in a month or two if they continue wit the current strategy

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

If you get yourself across to Fulham, I’ll happily give you some positive lateral flow devices to show to them.

11 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

If you get yourself across to Fulham, I’ll happily give you some positive lateral flow devices to show to them.

Last week my 10 year old daughter did one which she needed for a party she was going to which she'd been looking forward to for weeks. I did the test for her, it was negative, then without showing her I drew a line next to "T" with a red biro. Then let her interpret the result herself*. Oh how I laughed about what I cunt I was.

*I told what I'd done pretty smartish because she is prone to melt downs. 

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So are we heading back into full lockdowns and so on after Christmas? Or is the idea now that the economy is so fucked we're just going to have to deal?

I can't see a full lock down with this variant, it will be a self imposed one. I can't afford to test positive at the moment for family reasons so basically I'm acting now like it was the first lock down, as will many others I'm sure. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So are we heading back into full lockdowns and so on after Christmas? Or is the idea now that the economy is so fucked we're just going to have to deal?

It won't be a full lock down. Restrictions on licensed premises (possibly all hospitality), sports, requirements to work from home but I can't see them entirely shutting down. They'll aim to do enough to slow this without stopping it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Last week my 10 year old daughter did one which she needed for a party she was going to which she'd been looking forward to for weeks. I did the test for her, it was negative, then without showing her I drew a line next to "T" with a red biro. Then let her interpret the result herself*. Oh how I laughed about what I cunt I was.

:lol:

You fucking wanker. 

"Ahhh look. You've got that virus that kills people. 10 is no age, what a shame............ J/K LOL" 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol: I did that to the wife yesterday.

• Haha 1

What I take from the last 24 hours is that this one is pretty much unstoppable now due how infectious it is.

As of today, Witty can not say the NHS will not cope, (due to patients). More people may be admitted to hospital, but may also be discharged a lot faster and less off to ICU due to the vaccines impacts.

Where it’s all going to go to shit is due to the fact the upward curve is going to be sho fast. Far too many people within every part of the economy and NHS will be off at the same time.

Make sure you have your toilet rolls in.

Jeremy Vine on the radio here talking to a scientist about whether Omicron is milder, saying

JV: "well it would be great if the death rate from Omicron was 0.5% because then we could just go on with our lives right?" 

Scientist: "well if the death rate is 0.5% we would be screwed because that's absolutely massive."

JV: "well that's the same as the flu isn't it?"

Scientist: "Err no it's not, no."

Is it any wonder people are fucking clueless about this stuff. 

• Jaysus... 1

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

What I take from the last 24 hours is that this one is pretty much unstoppable now due how infectious it is.

As of today, Witty can not say the NHS will not cope, (due to patients). More people may be admitted to hospital, but may also be discharged a lot faster and less off to ICU due to the vaccines impacts.

Where it’s all going to go to shit is due to the fact the upward curve is going to be sho fast. Far too many people within every part of the economy and NHS will be off at the same time.

Make sure you have your toilet rolls in.

I don't have to leave the house, I'm just gonna stop wiping it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Jeremy Vine on the radio here talking to a scientist about whether Omicron is milder, saying

JV: "well it would be great if the death rate from Omicron was 0.5% because then we could just go on with our lives right?" 

Scientist: "well if the death rate is 0.5% we would be screwed because that's absolutely massive."

JV: "well that's the same as the flu isn't it?"

Scientist: "Err no it's not, no."

Is it any wonder people are fucking clueless about this stuff. 

Jeremy Vine is a dangerous bastard some of the shit his show puts out for 'debates'. I'm assuming he's not as thick as he makes out?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Jeremy Vine is a dangerous bastard some of the shit his show puts out for 'debates'. I'm assuming he's not as thick as he makes out?

The BBC shouldn't still employ him imo given the sort of lowest common denominator horse shit he pumps out in his C5 show. If that's what you want to do, then you forfeit the right to be employed by the national broadcaster. 

• Like 1

Lessons so far from having Covid.

1. you spend far longer than you should trying to work out which dirty tramp gave you it.

2. It’s a mind fuck not knowing which version you’ve got. 

If I survive, I liked to know I’ve had Omicron and been upgraded to the latest software. 

Edited by Christmas Tree