Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

In the mood for January lockdowns, like. Providing they actually give some support to the hospitality industry and not watch as it all collapses to pave the way for more Amazon depression factories to shuffle everyone into.

Hospitality is finished TBH if they don't they were on their arses as it was.

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I was supposed to be going to one on Friday. Just said I’m not going since I’m trying to mitigate any risk of spoiling Xmas for the kids / family after last year. Everyone was ‘fair enough, no bother’. If anyone had a problem with that I wouldn’t have given a fuck anyway. It’s a perfectly reasonable excuse in the current climate. 

Aye, I've decided to do this. Not even an excuse really, its a reason. Plus with my Dad in hospital. I mean even if my LFT is negative in the days after, it's not a guarantee and I'm not wanting to infect an entire geriatric ward! Someone else will have to organise Sneaky Santa..... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I will get shot down for this.

But apparently the +ve for PCR tests are still at the same as they have been for weeks.  The increase in +ve at the moment is inline with the increase with testing. 

Don't have a clue how that works mind.  I try and find where I read it.

So you're saying the positivity rate is the same which is interesting (I'd be interested to see the data). But if it was just more "worried well" getting tested, you' expect the positivity rate to actually decrease rather than stay the same I think. The reality is probably the opposite is happening and can you multiply the official figures by 3 or 4 now to get a truer figure. Apparently for the first time in London, if you get symptoms of the common cold you're now more likely to have covid than the common cold itself. 

Edited by Renton

It's rampant. There were 5 of us sharing a car back from town on Saturday night. 3 of them have since tested positive for COVID. I'm still fine somehow, despite sleeping next to a COVID patient for the past 4 nights. 

Hoping to fuck I'm not just incubating and end up fucked for Christmas Day 

Master T's just managed to get mine & Mrs T's booster brought forward from Sunday afternoon to tomorrow morning. Whitty's just said records will be broken a lot over the next few weeks. We must be on the very edge of Locking the country down again. 

Edited by trooper

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Aye, I was supposed to be going to one on Friday. Just said I’m not going since I’m trying to mitigate any risk of spoiling Xmas for the kids / family after last year. Everyone was ‘fair enough, no bother’. If anyone had a problem with that I wouldn’t have given a fuck anyway. It’s a perfectly reasonable excuse in the current climate. 

53 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, I've decided to do this. Not even an excuse really, its a reason. Plus with my Dad in hospital. I mean even if my LFT is negative in the days after, it's not a guarantee and I'm not wanting to infect an entire geriatric ward! Someone else will have to organise Sneaky Santa..... 

Would it be detrimental to your jobs if you just knocked the parties back but didn't bother with any kind of excuse and merely said something along the lines of, 'nah, they're shit, not for me but hope you enjoy yourselves anyway. Happy Christmas!'? :D

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Would it be detrimental to your jobs if you just knocked the parties back but didn't bother with any kind of excuse and merely said something along the lines of, 'nah, they're shit, not for me but hope you enjoy yourselves anyway. Happy Christmas!'? :D

Depends on whether the arrangements have taken you into account or not. We went to a vegan restaurant for this year's "Christmas" (November) dinner to placate some of the more militant members of the office fraternity and two of the buggers didn't even turn up. :lol: 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

Depends on whether the arrangements have taken you into account or not. We went to a vegan restaurant for this year's "Christmas" (November) dinner to placate some of the more militant members of the office fraternity and two of the buggers didn't even turn up. :lol: 

I'm not including no-shows who say they're going, I mean a straight forward, 'Nah, y'alreet' right from the beginning. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: No it wouldn’t. I just explained why because 1) it was the truth and 2) it was technically going out with some people I used to work with rather than current colleagues who I would’ve loved to have caught up with. Especially as I haven’t seen them in person for what feels like ages 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Interesting listening to Witty just now who says that in around 18 months, possibly sooner, this will be a much more medically managed disease with the introduction of poly something vaccines and many more viral drugs.

I fucking hope so, cos the prospect of this just being the way we do stuff from now on is shit. I like staying in the house more than anyone I know, but even I'm getting sick of it. 

• Like 1

Here's one for you. We're supposed to be out with two other couples this weekend for a meal. 

I got in touch with one of them yesterday to mention they can get their boosters as a walk in at this place. Nothing to do with this weekend, just making sure they realised while the booking system was overrun. They're in their 30s. 

At which point they tell me they're not getting one, they're sick of it all etc. They're not getting jabbed every time there's a new scare etc. Mint. 

The other couple, I know have had theirs and the bloke's dad has cancer which is being managed, but underatandably he's quite careful about exposing his dad.

So three questions. 

Would you still go out this weekend? 

Does the above knowledge re the anti-vax couple change that decision? 

If you did, would you let the lad whose dad has cancer know that one of the couples has had no jab since their first two? 

Context here is that I don't know either of these blokes that well. 

Yep, she works with them both. One of the blokes is overly friendly on texts and pesters me constantly on there. The other bloke is dead sound and I get on with him but basically only talk to him on occasions like this which happen maybe 3 times a year max. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Here's one for you. We're supposed to be out with two other couples this weekend for a meal. 

I got in touch with one of them yesterday to mention they can get their boosters as a walk in at this place. Nothing to do with this weekend, just making sure they realised while the booking system was overrun. They're in their 30s. 

At which point they tell me they're not getting one, they're sick of it all etc. They're not getting jabbed every time there's a new scare etc. Mint. 

The other couple, I know have had theirs and the bloke's dad has cancer which is being managed, but underatandably he's quite careful about exposing his dad.

So three questions. 

Would you still go out this weekend? 

Does the above knowledge re the anti-vax couple change that decision? 

If you did, would you let the lad whose dad has cancer know that one of the couples has had no jab since their first two? 

Context here is that I don't know either of these blokes that well. 

I think the booster jabs thing is a bit of a red herring maybe as it would make no difference to this weekend as even if they got it administered today it wouldn't impact their immunisation status this side of Christmas. I would say a lateral flow test tomorrow was more important. The lad with the Dad with cancer needs to manage his own risks, again the newly acquired attitude of this couple don't impact that risk. 

They don't sound like anti-vaxxers but do sound a bit thick. Not as bad as your family mind. I'd still go and monitor the situation. For context, one of my wife's best friends and her husband is now fully down the rabbit hole. I don't want her in our house and won't let her baby sit the kids any more etc. Which is quite sad really, but she doesn't even have the decency to shut the fuck up over her insane beliefs.

Just cancelled my Xmas do and also binning the match on Sunday. I can't believe my work is still going along with this event in my absence tbh.  

• Haha 1