Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Jeremy Vine on the radio here talking to a scientist about whether Omicron is milder, saying

JV: "well it would be great if the death rate from Omicron was 0.5% because then we could just go on with our lives right?" 

Scientist: "well if the death rate is 0.5% we would be screwed because that's absolutely massive."

JV: "well that's the same as the flu isn't it?"

Scientist: "Err no it's not, no."

:lol:

Is it any wonder people are fucking clueless about this stuff. 

Vine is fucking abysmal. I can’t stand the cunt. His tv show is terrible too 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Brothers missus is from Puglia...they were setting out from Edinburgh  tomorrow to drive the fucker via Eurostar so she can see her folks for the first time in 2 years...they're not stopping in France so they're going to give it a go :unsure:

If they're there less than 24 hours they're okay.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Aye, fucked up my skiing holiday. Thanks Macron.

Likewise. We were flying on the 25th. Technically, we can still go as we all have froggy passports, thanks to my Mrs, but our flight has already been cancelled and we would have to quarantine for a minimum of 48 hours on arrival. In addition, I’m not sure my Covid will have passed in time to do my pre-departure test. The hotel have been sound and have already agreed to refund the lot.

In short, there is fuck all point in booking trips abroad until this thing is over.

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Wor lasses mate is a nurse and apparently they’ve been told that all other clinics have been cancelled in order to jab people. Doesn’t really seem on that

Which takes less time: jabbing people or caring for them in hospital with covid? It’s done to protect the NHS not hinder it.

We cancelled our staff Xmas party for obvious reasons. Unfortunately some cow in our team is leaving after 12 years and organised her OWN leaving do.

Sat in a bar in Manchester waiting for everyone to turn up and I fully can’t be arsed 

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, strawb said:

We cancelled our staff Xmas party for obvious reasons. Unfortunately some cow in our team is leaving after 12 years and organised her OWN leaving do.

Sat in a bar in Manchester waiting for everyone to turn up and I fully can’t be arsed 

Zammo_-_Just_Say_No.jpg?v=1486233398

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, strawb said:

christmas-my-arse-.jpg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, strawb said:

As expected. This has been shite. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

One for @Renton to interpret (read the full thread), but this sounds like good news if you're boosted? 

Fuck knows, I'm no virologist and no understanding of the systems he's using. Mind, his commentary doesnt match the data in the second graph. Even a booster gives a lot less protection according to it, which may be why its speading (note y axis is logarithmic). Need to just wait and see still I think.