The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

£20m for a 30 year old?

Mike Ashley would be turning in his grave.

If only the fat cunt were dead.

If it keeps us up then he's worth every penny. If we go down then he will still be worth every penny next season 

• Like 2

The verdict from the Burnley fans I know this morning is that they're livid at the release clause being so low and quite sure that this absolutely condemns them to relegation.

This is a smart signing for us. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

The only problem might be that Burnley will now sign a player who is actually worth 20m

£20m for a 30yo proven striker who has scored double figures in 4 straight seasons in the prem is good value 

Edited by 247
  • Like 4

Great signing.  Weakens Burnley and he's a decent finisher and pain in the arse player.  We saw Gayle as a temp striker in the Championship.  If we get 3 years out of Wood its a great fee.

Will he be classed as a mecenary?

• Like 1

The main reason I was so underwhelmed by the prospect of signing Wood was the exorbitant price we’d have to pay to prize him from a relegation rival for basically a downgrade on Wilson.

But to be fair he is a different type of player to Wilson and we need a big lug on the bench for when the time is right in the future. And for the time being hell do well and get us some goals.

This is amazing business if it goes through. Theyll be furious!

And signing a fellow kiwi. Excellent.

• Like 1

AND owing to the release clause there’s no fucking about for two weeks while the club play funny buggers with the fee.

This really is shrewd business in every sense.

Well done to the club. 

Edited by toonotl

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think we've shown over the last 10 days that that's harder than it sounds ...

I think we tried to sign players worth 20m but were asked to pay 40m.

But I don’t think Wood is a bad signing. It’s not shrewd business but it does make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Caulkin was saying earlier today that covid, and the prospect of squad outbreaks is making us really nervous about moving players on before replacements are in situ. Reckons that's going on across the board, and isn't helping our efforts to bring people in quick either. 

Makes sense. They don't even seem to be linked with anyone though, other than the Everton Longstaff thing. Which also makes sense given the displays this season.

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Makes sense. They don't even seem to be linked with anyone though, other than the Everton Longstaff thing. Which also makes sense given the displays this season.

Aye, if we want rid of them they really MUST be shite! 

Staveley: "Wood's an option but we're not paying the daft money Burnley will demand because it'll fuck them, never mind.

Five seconds later......

"Obviously none my business, chief, but the boy Wood's got a release clause in the region of twenny miwl. Anyway, as I say, none of my business, Princess. As you, were, treacle."tenor.gif?itemid=12973368

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

He can play with his feet too.

:lol: This is always something to look for in a footballer. 

Having watched the video above though, I know what you mean. 

He’s certainly able to play the Big Lad Upfront well, but seems also like a good poacher, and as you say, can use his feet. 

It’s a yes from me 

• Tom locked this topic