The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s a headline writer’s dream. Eriksen back from the dead to play for a club with one foot in the grave. 

Just now, Alex said:

I don’t believe it

Both of you, fuck off. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

I've seen fuck all linking Mee with a move to us. Sounds like wishful thinking. 

I was just about to say the same. Plus he’d join in a shot this summer if we stayed up and they went down. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I have no idea how you agree a contract with a player before you submit a bid to his club? Is that even a thing? 

I thought that was standard these days? make sure the player wants to come and everything is smoothed out with, then you go to the club instead of potentially being embarrassed, eg,

never speaking to the player beforehand, agreeing with the club, only for the player to tell you to fuck off (see kaka with man city)

I think Lascelles is finished tbh. There's some reports that we're going back in for Tarkowski with a truckful of cash, which suggests Botman is dead in the water. 

Maybe Mee's comments were more of a pre-emptive jab at Tarkowski. 

• Like 3

Lascelles can get to fuck. He's built like a shithouse but when comes to the crucial moment my mum could out jump him for a ball in the box. His heading ability begins and ends with clearing balls when nobody is near him, and I suppose getting the very odd goal. I don't think it's a lack of strength or athleticism, so it must be timing and positional sense. We need two CB's at a minimum, given Schar is more than a little suspect as well, and Fernandez is injured. I have to say I'm very close to total incontinence and joining the bed weter's. We're likely going to need three points off Leeds just to not get cut adrift. 

Seen an article saying that Gosens is unlikely because international football is very important to him, so if he moves he wants to be playing for a club in the Champions League who will give him the highest profile and level of football, which will in turn help cement his place in the German squad. Apparently Leicester were knocked back by him last year due to the aforementioned. Of course there are stories that he's accepted our approach, so either those stories are nonsense, or perhaps his love of country is trumped by having his wages quadrupled.

• Haha 2

I just can't see how these big names are going to come without a release clause. None will want to get the shit kicked out of them at the likes of Luton or Blackpool next season. 

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Seen an article saying that Gosens is unlikely because international football is very important to him, so if he moves he wants to be playing for a club in the Champions League who will give him the highest profile and level of football, which will in turn help cement his place in the German squad. Apparently Leicester were knocked back by him last year due to the aforementioned. Of course there are stories that he's accepted our approach, so either those stories are nonsense, or perhaps his love of country is trumped by having his wages quadrupled.

Scott Parker allgedly had a choice when he left Chelsea...champions league football at Everton or 70k a week at Newcastle....

• Like 1

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2022/01/17/newcastle-launch-25m-bid-for-colombian-powerhouse-as-alternative-to-benfica-star-report/

According to this both Atalanta and the player are open to him leaving this month. Seems like a no-brainer given Zapata's attributes, goal record and reputation. As I've said I'm no expert on Italian football these days, but even I have heard Zapata's name bandied about when people talk about the best strikers in Europe.

• Tom locked this topic