The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I just cannot see Lingard coming to us.  He wants to be in the WC squad for next year and the threat of relegation over us is too much.  He wont get in the WC squad in a Championship team.  No money will soften that blow.

Can West Ham afford him though?

TBH, I think his World Cup squad days are well over unless there’s some massive injury crisis.

14 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He was but tapered off as the season progressed.  I'm not saying that he is a bad player but I don't see him as a £200,000 a week player !  The club will need to be careful not to overpay  for average talent.

It could end up like the Roque Santa Cruze signing. Decent enough player but was only needed for a small step in the process. Then was paid a shit ton to go out on loan every year. 

39 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

So can someone confirm what the first date a new player could become a Newcastle player. Is it New Year’s Day?

Technically we can sign players right now. They just can’t be registered until 1st January.

• Like 3

On 08/12/2021 at 06:46, PaddockLad said:

You want to look at what Ward Prowse did for the goal Southampton let in at the weekend, gave the ball away initially then played the goalscorer onside.  Been shite for months apparently.... his set pieces mask a very average run of form...

Forget his mistake for that goal and his ‘average’ run of form and you still have a midfield player whose way better than anything we have.Southampton might want rid of him due to those points you mentioned.

• Tom locked this topic