The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

4 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Bollocks to them.There’s nowt like an unsettled player to fuck your season up and of course,every club are rolling in money at the moment. Ings and Ward-Prouse would be canny signings.Bertrand on loan from Leicester.

Bertrand is having a brutal time these days, not playing at all well & is struggling to make the team.

12 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Bollocks to them.There’s nowt like an unsettled player to fuck your season up and of course,every club are rolling in money at the moment. Ings and Ward-Prouse would be canny signings.Bertrand on loan from Leicester.

You want to look at what Ward Prowse did for the goal Southampton let in at the weekend, gave the ball away initially then played the goalscorer onside.  Been shite for months apparently.... his set pieces mask a very average run of form...

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

You want to look at what Ward Prowse did for the goal Southampton let in at the weekend, gave the ball away initially then played the goalscorer onside.  Been shite for months apparently.... his set pieces mask a very average run of form...

Cowardly. Avoid 

• Haha 2

If that’s the case I’d absolutely love us to go mad hoying in bids, and offering increased wages to loads of player in the PL knowing it’ll all get rejected and unsettle the players while we actually go after players outside of the PL. 

• Haha 2

On 07/12/2021 at 08:39, Gemmill said:

I genuinely don't know how the accord holds at these Premier League meetings. You've got to be some kind of fanny to be making agreements with any of the clubs that tried to snake off to the ESL not 8 months ago. 

Because it's them that are shitting bricks, the big lads. Fair enough, this season when we're relegation prospects, I can see other relegation prospects not wanting to help us out. But I'd still be saying to the Big 6, we are doing this for ourselves. You lot, I couldn't give a fuck about, especially not after the shit you pulled a few months back. 

I think the opposite. Plucking players from Burnley and Leeds would be easier as they need to plan for the future and the money will help. Team like Man City and Liverpool would happily sell players that aren’t in their squad or barely getting a game. It frees up wages and a space. 

it’s team like Everton and Leicester that would make the biggest stand. They’ll survive for at least the next few seasons so don’t need to make a panic pile of cash, but aren’t successful enough to easily attract another big name if they sold someone off. 

Football has proven time and time again that money is everything 

3 minutes ago, safcforever said:

I think the opposite. Plucking players from Burnley and Leeds would be easier as they need to plan for the future and the money will help. Team like Man City and Liverpool would happily sell players that aren’t in their squad or barely getting a game. It frees up wages and a space. 

it’s team like Everton and Leicester that would make the biggest stand. They’ll survive for at least the next few seasons so don’t need to make a panic pile of cash, but aren’t successful enough to easily attract another big name if they sold someone off. 

Football has proven time and time again that money is everything 

Given that it was Crystal Palace who kicked a lot of this off when they were on a relative high earlier in the season, I think you could be right.

I mean truthfully I can see all of them trying to stand in our way here for one reason or another. It's fairly pathetic but if we manage to start going past some of these teams in terms of our relative success over time, they'll ease off.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Given that it was Crystal Palace who kicked a lot of this off when they were on a relative high earlier in the season, I think you could be right.

I mean truthfully I can see all of them trying to stand in our way here for one reason or another. It's fairly pathetic but if we manage to start going past some of these teams in terms of our relative success over time, they'll ease off.

It’ll be forgotten about in a few seasons. People were mad at Chelsea then Man City. 
The top clubs understand business and will happily take the money. Your best option is pluck some mercenary from Barcelona to get the ball rolling. 
The post above almost had it right by saying you need your Robinho signing (even if he was daft for saying Haaland) that will set the wave in motion. 

But anyway I hope they’re all flops and not only do you bankrupt yourself but you bankrupt Saudi Arabia too 😁

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, safcforever said:

It’ll be forgotten about in a few seasons. People were mad at Chelsea then Man City. 
The top clubs understand business and will happily take the money. Your best option is pluck some mercenary from Barcelona to get the ball rolling. 
The post above almost had it right by saying you need your Robinho signing (even if he was daft for saying Haaland) that will set the wave in motion. 

But anyway I hope they’re all flops and not only do you bankrupt yourself but you bankrupt Saudi Arabia too 😁

:lol:

Have to say, if we had to go bankrupt I'd not be opposed to taking Saudi Arabia with us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

To be fair to my Cherries supporting mate Malc he predicted this move last week...a better left back than we've got at the moment...allegedly...

IMG-20211208-WA0003.jpg

What I’ve seen of him this season has been good, think he can also play centre half which is an instant improvement on Clark or whatever other clown is there 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

What I’ve seen of him this season has been good, think he can also play centre half which is an instant improvement on Clark or whatever other clown is there 

All I've heard is good things and if Bournemouth don't go up he'll end up in the prem anyway...

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Have we even been seriously linked with anyone in the PL besides Lingard?

Mirror today have put 5 names in the table: Joe Rodon, ElNeny and Loyd Kelly from the PL, and Sule and Botman from other countries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

We’ve offered Lingard £200k pw according to CT’s favourite journo, Duncan Castles.

I'm not sure that I rate Lingard that highly !!  He hasn't looked too special for Manchester United so far.

Edited by gurru991
  • Jaysus... 1

• Tom locked this topic