The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

@Diego21 signed off on him right?

I'm on board :cuppa: 

Last season he was top player in 3-5-2 system.... But not so good in 4-4-2. 

This season, his level has down a little.

Anyway, he is better than Manquillo or Krafth in any system. 

• Like 2

And yes.

Last summer, Trippier told Atletico he want to come back England.

He was born and grow up between Bury and Manchester. Develop his young carrer in Man City and his family and friends are from the zone.

His wife and child lived here in Madrid with him his first year, but they moved on to England a few months ago, so Trippier are in Madrid alone.

Atletico told him that it was very difficult to sold him in summer because they need to cover the position....  But I think they will be free for 20 millions.

Today, Atletico are playing with Llorente in the Trippier position and with De Paul in Llorente position (just because Trippier was injured), so Trippier is no more essential in Atletico plans. And the 'problem' for Atletico is that De Paul is better than Llorente as CM, and Llorente is essential because his stamina, strength, value, etc.... So, is not a problem if Trippier was sold right now. And today, Spanish press says Atletico is in talks with Azpilicueta for sign this January.

During the lock down, Trippier says in a English Podcast that he want to finish his all contract with Atletico and later come back to England por playing last years, and he speak about return to Burnley (he played under Eddie Howe there). But is not clear when the Trippier contract ending. Officialy, he signed until 2022, but some news says Atletico had a option to extend for one year and his contract ending in 2023. 

In January or in Summer, but he come back to England for sure. 

Edited by Diego21
  • Like 6

Seen a £25m price quoted a few times re Trippier, get the fucker in if actually wants to come for that. Some people are twisting about the number but at this point if a player will drastically improve our starting 11 who cares if we are slightly overpaying for them, times are desperate. Also the £50m budget number would be bollocks if we pay that for a RB.. we probably dont have a set number for a budget its probably a bit more like we will do the right deals for the right players without getting our pants pulled down.

Edited by 247
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, strawb said:

Not entirely sure why people are twisting about how much we pay for whoever, not their money 

Exactly. Get the fucker signed, plenty more where that came from!

• Like 3

The thing about Trippier is that while he's pretty good he's never earned massive money. He's on less than £80k pw. This is his last big contract so I've no doubt he sees us as a retirement plan, which I've no problem with as long as he's happy to work for it.

• Like 1

Yeah that's pretty much a given. Sponsorship deals aren't based on where we are now but where we're going. Add into that the undeniable fact that Saudi sponsors will have a unique synergy with a Saudi owned football club and that boosts the value even more. If it goes to court then one expert will say one thing and one expert another. 

I'm guessing it won't be the case that any deal has to be pre-approved by the PL and that could cause issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

The thing about Trippier is that while he's pretty good he's never earned massive money. He's on less than £80k pw. This is his last big contract so I've no doubt he sees us as a retirement plan, which I've no problem with as long as he's happy to work for it.

I am not sure about he want money more than other players.

He told in May of 2020 he want to finish his contract with Atletico and come back to Burnley in 2022. When you said that, probably you have other preferences than money. The thing is that one year later, Atletico won the League, he was very important, come back to England Squad in the Euro... I don't know. Maybe when he told that he taught he couldn't play for a top team in Premier and wining the Spanish League opened doors like Man United and Maybe now I think differently.

Last year I wrote a Book about the Atletico recent History (last 10 years more or less) and I have to do a lot of investigation in some aspects like Economy. Atletico is not very transparent about that, but Atletico is 7th team in the world with higher Salaries. Looks like Trippier was earning more or less 80k pw as you said, but not are so much teams in the world are paying that for a defence. In Newcastle, this is the salary earns Willock and Joelinton and only St Maximin and Wilson earn a little bit more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

I am not sure about he want money more than other players.

He told in May of 2020 he want to finish his contract with Atletico and come back to Burnley in 2022. When you said that, probably you have other preferences than money. The thing is that one year later, Atletico won the League, he was very important, come back to England Squad in the Euro... I don't know. Maybe when he told that he taught he couldn't play for a top team in Premier and wining the Spanish League opened doors like Man United and Maybe now I think differently.

Last year I wrote a Book about the Atletico recent History (last 10 years more or less) and I have to do a lot of investigation in some aspects like Economy. Atletico is not very transparent about that, but Atletico is 7th team in the world with higher Salaries. Looks like Trippier was earning more or less 80k pw as you said, but not are so much teams in the world are paying that for a defence. In Newcastle, this is the salary earns Willock and Joelinton and only St Maximin and Wilson earn a little bit more. 

Here Dave, @The Fish are you reading this?? Diego has written A FUCKIN BOOK about his club :lol: how do you feel now? Think you need to up your game mate, the podcast is just isn't up to muster any more tbh. .

• Haha 9

• Tom locked this topic