Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Eh, do you have to have 2 players behind you to avoid offside in Europe?

You always do but one’s normally the keeper. 

• Like 3

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Eh, do you have to have 2 players behind you to avoid offside in Europe?

:lol: Is today the day that CT gets the hang of this offside lark?

No. No it isn’t.

• Haha 9

:lol: I knew that he was in an offside position but didn’t know that the play off the Liverpool defender had to be an intentional pass. 

As much as Liverpool have controlled possession it feels like Madrid are dictating the game waiting for a sucker punch. They’ll wait until 60 drop Valverde into midfield and put Rodrygo on and we will have to hear how it all makes no sense as Liverpool “dominated”. 

Edited by Howay

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've never heard so much shite as this explanation for why that's not a goal btw. 

I thought the question was did the Liverpool player intentionally play the ball? Well he dived into the tackle, if his intention wasn’t to play the ball then what was it?

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

I thought the question was did the Liverpool player intentionally play the ball? Well he dived into the tackle, if his intention wasn’t to play the ball then what was it?

Exactly. They both lunged in there to try and play the fucking ball. 

Just now, Alex said:

Does Michael Owen get paid by the cliche btw? 

He's fucking pathetic isn't he? I hope he's not still riding horses either, he'll break its fucking spine. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alex said:

Does Michael Owen get paid by the cliche btw? 

It’s Carragher, Henry, and Richards. As bad as this is Owen single-handedly makes the UK coverage worse. 

• Haha 1

Madrid have bossed this so far. Herr Teeth getting schooled by an school manager and Liverpools “famous pressing” not working against a team who can pass to each other.

Salah, Diaz and Mane have been shite so far

• Like 3

I'm not having this new narrative of Liverpool having the league snatched away from them or being 15 minutes away from winning the league. They never went top for even a second on the final day. 

• Like 1

Madrid worthy winners this evening. Liverpool looked good in the first half without creating anything massively clear cut. Courtois made some decent saves but nothing you wouldn’t expect him to keep out. Liverpool, for all their tidy possession and favourable stats, were pretty ordinary on the night. 

Edited by Dr Gloom