Howe's Pressing panzers v Steeeeeevie Geeeeeee's Beige Boring Bastards

wykikitoon

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Been a bugbear of mine since playing insomnia left back all season but you need proper full backs, (preferably decent ones) or your fucked. Hopefully those days will be in the past alongside the FCB come the summer window. :good:Thank fuck for that. Thought we needed 6 or 7 wins in 18 or whatever it was. We've just got three on the spin with a better squad. Mattresses like the Sahara desert. 👌

The centre-halves, especially Clark and Lascelles have quite rightly come in for criticism but they’d have both looked better if they’d been playing with Targett  and Trippier in the back four 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alex said:

The centre-halves, especially Clark and Lascelles have quite rightly come in for criticism but they’d have both looked better if they’d been playing with Targett  and Trippier in the back four 

100% 👍

Just back in. Stopped til the ground was empty and Eddie was on the touch line doing his interview, just because we wanted to enjoy the moment.

Struggled with the bladder after 3 pints but well worth it.

Even in the 2nd half I didn’t think Villa caused us too many problems in the final quarter.

Just got to take your Panama off to Eddie Howe for transforming this team into solid performers who can battle for 3 points like they did today.

Its also taken me back to pre Ashley times where the result now impacts the following week in respect of feel good factor.

Finally a well deserved mention for the young ladies behind the bar in the Trent. Thanks for the mammories.

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Like 5

Losing Trippier will have a massive effect but those 10 points he’s been involved in could have well saved us already. Thought Burn slotted in like he’d played next to Schar all his life and, while Lingard is comfortably a better player than Fraser, you’d never get the level of sheer graft out of Lingard that Wee Man brings. That’s the sort of thing that is crucial in the position we’re in. The likes of Lingard can wait.

Also, fair fucks to Krafth when he came on. I assumed that was the death knell but, other than the first few minutes, I thought he was solid as owt. Maybe a Swedish international full back could be alright with a good manager? And make no mistake, Howe knows the crack. Give him the players he needs and we’ll be a good fucking team. Make no mistake

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Losing Trippier will have a massive effect but those 10 points he’s been involved in could have well saved us already. Thought Burn slotted in like he’d played next to Schar all his life and, while Lingard is comfortably a better player than Fraser, you’d never get the level of sheer graft out of Lingard that Wee Man brings. That’s the sort of thing that is crucial in the position we’re in. The likes of Lingard can wait.

Also, fair fucks to Krafth when he came on. I assumed that was the death knell but, other than the first few minutes, I thought he was solid as owt. Maybe a Swedish international full back could be alright with a good manager? And make no mistake, Howe knows the crack. Give him the players he needs and we’ll be a good fucking team. Make no mistake

Agree with the first bit, but Krafth is nowhere near the standard he should be. he gets caught out positionally a lot,  and Fraser seems to come deeper to cover his shortcomings. 

33 minutes ago, ewerk said:

image.thumb.png.abc89404e4629779153cb931b8774639.png

If the season ends and Howe hasn’t at least once instructed Burn to put Fraser on his shoulders at a corner then I’ll be very fucking disappointed.

Also, is Fraser wearing kids socks? :lol: 

• Haha 1