Eddie Howe

Tom

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Who's that lad?  He doesn't sound keen on Rocksteady. 

"oo it was 8 in the morning, ooo the ground was uneven"

soft cunt.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Who's that lad?  He doesn't sound keen on Rocksteady. 

Keith Treacy. I hadn’t heard of him either. Jacked the game in at 26 due to being a piss head apparently. So more a Steve Bruce type of player 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Keith Treacy. I hadn’t heard of him either. Jacked the game in at 26 due to being a piss head apparently. So more a Steve Bruce type of player 

I'd never heard of the lad either but it turns out he talks about it a lot more eloquently than Bruce could comprehend:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12359088/keith-treacy-on-the-alcohol-addiction-that-ended-his-career-at-26-and-wanting-to-help-others-avoid-his-mistakes

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I'd never heard of the lad either but it turns out he talks about it a lot more eloquently than Bruce could comprehend:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12359088/keith-treacy-on-the-alcohol-addiction-that-ended-his-career-at-26-and-wanting-to-help-others-avoid-his-mistakes

Fair enough 👍🏻 Also, cheers for making me feel like a cunt. 

• Haha 4

:lol: But the lad clearly had a serious problem. I guess we should all try and be a bit more understanding about that sort of thing. Just because someone looks like they’ve got it made doesn’t mean that’s the reality

• Like 4

Whether it's players drinking or getting depressed or just going off the rails generally, it's amazing how football is only just starting to wake up to the whole thing he says about throwing kids into this environment with tons of money and no support. Though I suppose it's the other side of the coin from all the ex-pros who've said how empty their lives felt once they retired. At either end you'd think there must be more that can be done. Even if you think purely in cold financial terms, where the kids are concerned in particular, surely it's in the clubs' interest to spend a bit of time and money to protect what could be high-value assets that end up going to waste.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, strawb said:

It’s been my old man’s funeral today and I am

pissed, but I could and might write a story about the kids/money/talent/age stuff

I hope it went as well as it could, Strawb? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, strawb said:

pissed, but I could and might write a story about the kids/money/talent/age stuff

Hope it went as well as funerals can, mate. 

They’re absolute roller-coasters emotionally. 

• Like 3

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

I hope it went as well as it could, Strawb? 

It was a great send off mate thanks for asking.

some of you will know I played for a couple of professional clubs as a youngster (sheff wed and Sunderland) up until the offering pro terms or letting you go. There is a lot of tales told about young footballers that are nonsense, and as I said there could be a book written about it but safe to say a lot of peoples opinions of young footballers are wrong (or were, 20 years ago)

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, strawb said:

Hope you gave him a good send off, mate. 

• Like 2

Thanks lads, honestly it was a nice day. Heard lots of stories of the shit he used to get up to with his mates/at work when he was younger.

A lot of people held him in high regard, and I didn’t pay for a drink all night 

• Like 10

Being honest I was a little underwhelmed when we appointed him. He’s proven me wrong big time, to take the team that Bruce left with regards to lack of training, effort and confidence and do what he has done has been outstanding. 

I thought he was a bit a smug cunt at Bournemouth, liked the smell of his own farts a bit too much but he’s shown he is actually a grafter and I’m all about him now.

• Like 5

It seems like he used his time after Bournemouth to become a better manager and we're reaping the rewards of that now.

Have a lot of burnley supporting friends who have no good memories of him for obvious reasons but even they admit he seems very different for us 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

It seems like he used his time after Bournemouth to become a better manager and we're reaping the rewards of that now.

Have a lot of burnley supporting friends who have no good memories of him for obvious reasons but even they admit he seems very different for us 

I have two friends who support the Clarets. They are livid that he left the Lancashire.