Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

12 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Is that what we're calling falling at the slightest contact and rolling around on the floor in apparent blistering agony while the opponents break repeatedly? He was fucking wretched. I'm not sure a DM, proper or otherwise, will help keep him from being such a tart all the time. What that game needed was a fit Joelinton imo. 

Personally I think we have much more pressing issues than CM to address. Wilson increasingly looks finished, Isak plays better on the left, and Almiron's bang out of form. Attempting to contend a season playing on four different fronts with two strikers was a mistake from the beginning. We should've spent much more wisely in the summer - I'm sure there were loans to be had. We couldn't legislate for the injury list we've suffered, but the dearth of forward options is 100% a failure of planning. 

Not sure we could have predicted that we'd be down over 10 senior players for great swathes of the season. On paper signing a CL level CM, an attacking goal threat and two promising young players on the fringe of the team is good business. 

We lost the first to a lengthy ban, the second to a lengthy injury, neither of which could have been foreseen. One of the promising players has earned a starting position on the left, at least. The other can't seem to get any minutes at all, for whatever reason. 

Had Tonali been fit we could have better covered the loss of Pope by providing better protection for Dubravka.  Had Barnes been fit we could have lessened the load of Wilson and Isak and so on.

image.png.18d85ea3a67dc8fc802cf4e33fa6f0e2.png

And the above doesn't include domestic or European cup competitions and the added pressures they bring. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

All this talk of a new RW? We dont neeeeeeed that, we already have the answer.

LaFais6.jpg

Come step foot in the Loan thread once in a while:good:

HLmrCGL.jpg

Jesus CHRIST look at that Melting Hot Dog GIF

Fucking hell, look at those passing stats. Abysmal.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

He is shite. Possibly good for the dressing room if Matt Ritchie leaves. 

Not sure re: his own form since he went there. But the (Steven Gerrard coached)  side he’s playing for over there are on a nine match / two month winless streak 

2 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

You wont care 2 hoots when he dribbles 3 players and cuts it back for Miley, stop hating and get EXCITED 

Nervous GIF by Big Brother

What if he comes up against players whose day job isn't ploughing the fields?

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

What if he comes up against players whose day job isn't ploughing the fields?

I heard you on the pod the other day, confessing to swiping all your kids' advent calendar chocolates. Seriously, what's up with that? Stealing from your kids.

Shameful. 

• Haha 2

20200709_121601__01.thumb.jpg.de1f285e15485204b253bd57d9e237da.jpg

"Get our usual source of misinformation to announce we've no money to spend or substantially less than we have."

"Won't he become suspicious if we keep feeding him duff information?"

"It's Luke Edwards, he loves pissing on fans chips almost as much as Craig Hope."

"Lol."

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

I heard you on the pod the other day, confessing to swiping all your kids' advent calendar chocolates. Seriously, what's up with that? Stealing from your kids.

Shameful. 

You didn't like. I had my own advent calendar, and he had his. 

Get your judgement on a bus to FuckOffVille

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not as embarrassing as owning up to listening 

The fuck did I do to you?

I don't come on here to have my wildly popular podcast besmirched by some cueball bonced bastard!

• Haha 2