Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

6 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

The lad next to Dyer looks like that taxi driver on BBC breakfast getting mistaken for an economics professor - looks like he's came to the stadium with his toon top on and got mistaken for a footballer by Gullit

One of my favourite "Jesus do you remember him?!" players. Franck Dumas. Got done for tax evasion do to gambling addiction, which is fairly apposite.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

One of my favourite "Jesus do you remember him?!" players. Franck Dumas. Got done for tax evasion do to gambling addiction, which is fairly apposite.

As soon as ewerk posted my response was "THAT was Franck Dumas?!" :lol:

Just now, Dazzler said:

As soon as ewerk posted my response was "THAT was Franck Dumas?!" :lol:

Apparently played 6 times...

And was on the receiving end of one of the worst two footed challenges I've ever seen from Bergkamp who only got a yellow because he's "not that kind of player". 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Apparently played 6 times...

Probably played up top in place of Shearer and Big Dunc in the derby despite "allegedly" being a defender. I don't remember, I blocked out the Gullity "shexshy football" days other than the FA cup run (but I block out the final)

17 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I’ll be absolutely furious if we signed DCL

I’ll be absolutely buzzing if we were deliberately feeding Edwards recycled coffee table shit

RJYP

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Off to Barcelona isn't he? 

Seriously? Him and the Hoss facing off in El Classico? You’d have gotten canny odds for that happening when they were here :lol: 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

Seriously? Him and the Hoss facing off in El Classico? You’d have gotten canny odds for that happening when they were here :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So we can safely rule out Barca activating Bruno's release clause if this is how skint they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

So we can safely rule out Barca activating Bruno's release clause if this is how skint they are.

Bruno Fornaroli maybe.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Bruno Fornaroli maybe.

The only bruno they can actually afford

Bruno Tonioli Dance GIF by Dancing with the Stars

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

they'd be better off going for that hidden gem from newport, exile i think his name is.

• Haha 3

I like the look of this keeper Mamardashvili that we're supposed to be after. Douglas in the i mentioned we're talking to Valencia, and he usually isn't that far off, or is at least a higher grade of itk. Whatever we can do to not hand Arsenal 40m for Ramsdale I'm all for. One criticism I would have, and this is obviously only from the limited amount of footage I've seen, he does seem to have a habit of pushing the ball into the danger area when he makes a save. 

Calvert-Lewin makes more sense to me than the likes of Sesko tbh. Not in the sense that I’d rather see the former but that he fits the profile of who we’ll get. If Isak is fit, he’s first choice by a mile. The likes of Sesko aren’t going to come to warm the bench 60% of the time whereas DCL represents a Premier League ready option who can be trusted to step in. I think he’d probably be happier with a rotational role in a club in Europe as well. The more I’ve thought about it, the more I’ve convinced myself 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I like the look of this keeper Mamardashvili that we're supposed to be after. Douglas in the i mentioned we're talking to Valencia, and he usually isn't that far off, or is at least a higher grade of itk. Whatever we can do to not hand Arsenal 40m for Ramsdale I'm all for. One criticism I would have, and this is obviously only from the limited amount of footage I've seen, he does seem to have a habit of pushing the ball into the danger area when he makes a save. 

Here he is! Where you been PB! We need you now it's transfer season! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

DCL represents a Premier League ready option who can be trusted to step in

He'd injure himself in between getting off the bench and walking to the 4th official to be subbed. In other words, he can't be trusted much like Wilson this season.  We'd end up hoying Gordon or Barnes up top again. 

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

He'd injure himself in between getting off the bench and walking to the 4th official to be subbed. In other words, he can't be trusted much like Wilson this season.  We'd end up hoying Gordon or Barnes up top again. 

He played 33 games this season tbf. Nowhere near the crock Wilson is at this point 

And 17 in each of the last 2 season. Meh. He's okay if we're getting someone else too and he comes on the cheap (which wont happen) as a 3rd striker. 

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

He played 33 games this season tbf. Nowhere near the crock Wilson is at this point 

For what it’s worth mate, I agree with you.

Isak has the potential to be one of the best strikers in the world. We play with one up front, we aren’t going to sign the youngest hot shit on the market because they won’t want to play backup.

I need to watch Mamardashvili play, but I can’t see him being happy coming from Valencia who are a big club in their own right. To sit on the bench. 

9 hours ago, The Fish said:

He looked like a bin man 

• Like 1