Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Someone pointing out that Edwards was saying we were going to scrap the cautious approach only a few weeks ago, to now in the last day or so stating that we can only afford two big signings. 

There was £3 off a bottle of Pinot Grigio at his local Asda the day he filed the older article

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Someone pointing out that Edwards was saying we were going to scrap the cautious approach only a few weeks ago, to now in the last day or so stating that we can only afford two big signings. 

Aye, we’ve also just spent £7m - £10m on an 18 year old who we’ve loaned out immediately, which kind of seems weird with the amount of players we need and the quoted £75m (I know it wasn’t Edwards that said that amount btw). Seems like a bit of smoke and mirrors by our lot tbh. 

• Like 1

Not that YouTube videos are all that reliable, but that Nmecha looks decent for 15m, if indeed there's any truth in chicken nonces reporting. As Kid was saying he's reminiscent of Big Joe in his all action style and physicality. He's tenacious in the tackle, has great close control, and a nice range of passing, so while he's ostensibly an 8 he could perhaps be used as a 6 in our team. It would make sense that we were after him if Howe did plan on using him in a more defensive position, otherwise he's very similar, as has already been said, to Joelinton, and Willock to a certain extent. I think I read somewhere that Nmecha might be seen as a cheaper alternative to Manu Kone, who's been heavily linked to Liverpool. 

Edited by Polarboy

Ruben Neves might be back on the market as Barca have no money and are trying to do a player swap that Wolves dont want.

For the apparent fee we should be all over that if hes available.

• Like 2

By year 3 the fans will have turned on him, and by years 4 and 5 he'll have fallen out of love with the game and will be contemplating taking up a new sport in line with standing tradition for UK born players in Madrid.

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

By year 3 the fans will have turned on him, and by years 4 and 5 he'll have fallen out of love with the game and will be contemplating taking up a new sport in line with standing tradition for UK born players in Madrid.

Given he was prepared to go to Germany from Birmingham I have higher hopes for him than most. 

9 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Given he was prepared to go to Germany from Birmingham I have higher hopes for him than most. 

It's not so much about his own disposition, more about the club he's joining.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's not so much about his own disposition, more about the club he's joining.

Fair point about the club and supporters. I suppose I was really commenting on him being more rounded than Michael boring twat Owen 🙂 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season