Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

@LongTimeAdmirer I saw that post you deleted. If he digs his heels in he’ll be training with the U23s till he sees sense and fucks off. If a fee is agreed for a player it’s a pretty strong indicator that the player is no longer required . That sort of comprehension is probably a bit subliminal for someone such as yourself but it’s normal in football 👍😀

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@LongTimeAdmirer I saw that post you deleted. If he digs his heels in he’ll be training with the U23s till he sees sense and fucks off. If a fee is agreed for a player it’s a pretty strong indicator that the player is no longer required . That sort of comprehension is probably a bit subliminal for someone such as yourself but it’s normal in football 👍😀

You're a silly goose. 

The clubs loses any goodwill with the player in that situation, why would he move to the club you want him too? Can just run down your contract or dig your heels in to force the club to accept a lower fee to a location he wants instead of being forced to head of to the middle east. 

Dont want to hear tears about loyalty/mercs from you when teams come in for Bruno later on. 

Anyway, maxi not going anywhere. 

5 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

You're a silly goose. 

The clubs loses any goodwill with the player in that situation, why would he move to the club you want him too? Can just run down your contract or dig your heels in to force the club to accept a lower fee to a location he wants instead of being forced to head of to the middle east. 

Dont want to hear tears about loyalty/mercs from you when teams come in for Bruno later on. 

You're a total WUM. He's gone 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

LTA is an outlier. I feel like I'm one of his bigger fans on here, and I'm not that arsed he's leaving, which says it all. The consensus is it's time to cash in on him 

Andrew is probably meaning Twitter and other areas, a lot of fans are so over the top about a player who puts out extremely average numbers in terms of actual impactful output. His dribbling is obviously very good which catches the eye but his goals and assists numbers are poor, I think 10 combined is his best season for us. The level of discussion about him far outweighs his actual contribution to the team, which is why I agree with Andrew’s post. For example he is often credited with keeping us up over the Bruce years, the reality is it was Willock, Wilson, and arguably Shelvey when you look at the goals, assists and the games they come in, he was no doubt the most exciting player but as others said that was a time we had no plan and his mazy runs that went nowhere had potential, now they’re just fucking frustrating because we have an actual approach to creating and scoring goals and many of those runs to nowhere just turn the ball over. 

I’ll remember him fondly as he really was the player that caught your eye for a few years but it’s time for him and the club to move on. We could basically go out and get Barnes, Goretzka, and Livramento for the fee under FFP. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

You're a silly goose. 

He's gonna love it in the middle east man. Get on the hookah and play a game of Helios with Jordan Henderson. Check his bank balance.

Mind if it takes 9 hours to explain the rules to a normal person, he's gonna need to set aside a week for Jords.

Bit seriously, no one is turning down £10m a season when the club wants you gone.

• Like 3

Doesn’t sound like Howe is thrilled to be losing him from these quotes 

"Maxi is the player that's generating the interest. If he does leave, we'd lose him with a very heavy heart. He's someone we love working with, he's a difference-maker, we've really had a strong working relationship and it'll be sad if he leaves."

"If the deal didn't go through, I'd be delighted. It would obviously impact our ability to bring any more players in, and then we potentially might have to sell another player. That's the way that financial fair play has hit us." 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's gonna love it in the middle east man. Get on the hookah and play a game of Helios with Jordan Henderson. Check his bank balance.

Mind if it takes 9 hours to explain the rules to a normal person, he's gonna need to set aside a week for Jords.

Bit seriously, no one is turning down £10m a season when the club wants you gone.

Doesnt sound like Eddie wants him gone.

personally, at 26, if I was a world class player like ASM? Wouldnt leave for the ME just yet . 

Eddie Howe is the consummate professional and a nice bloke, who's saying the right thing about a bloke that has been a good servant to the club.

That's all that's going on there.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Doesn’t sound like Howe is thrilled to be losing him from these quotes 

"Maxi is the player that's generating the interest. If he does leave, we'd lose him with a very heavy heart. He's someone we love working with, he's a difference-maker, we've really had a strong working relationship and it'll be sad if he leaves."

"If the deal didn't go through, I'd be delighted. It would obviously impact our ability to bring any more players in, and then we potentially might have to sell another player. That's the way that financial fair play has hit us." 

Like Gemmill mentions he’s bound to be positive about him, he’s not going to come out and say he doesn’t fit my tactics etc. Howe will have a say in incomings and outgoings, it will have been run by him. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kitman said:

They might loan him back to us :lol: 

They could have the players accept (:quotes:) Islam, change their names and loan em back as completely different players. If UEFA didnt have the 5 year player amortization loophole covered previously, I doubt they have this. 

Presenting Sheikh Ali Ain Maxood. :finger: 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Howay said:

Like Gemmill mentions he’s bound to be positive about him, he’s not going to come out and say he doesn’t fit my tactics etc. Howe will have a say in incomings and outgoings, it will have been run by him. 

he could have thanked him for his service and said he goes with our best wishes without sounding quite so disappointed. He is the consummate pro but he doesn’t sound thrilled, or perhaps it’s the pace of our transfer business that is annoying him 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season