Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Has he had an uplift inline with Miggy, Murphy etc?  No.

Has Bruno's quality fallen away since joining? No.

Has he had an uplift inline with Miggy, Murphy etc?  No.

Probably but as others have said he's our only saleable asset and sometimes you have to sell your better players for even better players who will take you forward

1593841657_download(4).jpg.299f0523226eb54b20fe19f7b3f781e5.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/15/2023 at 10:53 AM, Rayvin said:

Am confused. Is he guilty or innocent? It looks to me like he's just been determined to be not guilty, so why is this lad on twitter claiming that all these footballers liking the post are doing anything wrong?

Huge disclaimer on this post - I haven't followed the story.

I'll answer this even though I don't like to get into controversial topics too much, but I'm just going to give information that I think is important for people to understand in order to understand the situation and make their own judgement.

It is very difficult to seal a man guilty of rape. Only 1.3% of world cases end with the man as the culprit. Because? Because they are usually just testimonials, one against the other.

In the case of Mendy, the court has charged him 'Not Guilty', which is not the same as 'Innocent'. Innocent means that you have done nothing and that there is evidence to prove it. 'Not Guilty' means that there are indications that you are guilty and there are indications that you have done something wrong, but they cannot really be proven or the evidence has been presented after the deadline, or in a wrong way in court or simply they are not strong enough.

(To get an idea, Greenwood has also been declared a 'Not Guilty' free man and I think we've all seen the videos where he beats up her wife and the audios where he threatens to kill her).

Or we have seen how Robinho has a final sentence to go to jail in Italy for raping a woman, but he has fled to Brazil, how Santi Mina has a sentence to go to jail for raping another woman, and has not entered. Fooball Leaks revealed many years ago the contract that Cristiano Ronaldo made to a woman for raping her in the US and the money he paid her to drop the accusation. Are they innocent men? No. But they have not served their sentence for different reasons. (In fact, CR cannot enter the US today for fear of going to jail).

For example, Derrick Rose (NBA Player) was accused of rape many years ago by two women and, after many trials, he was able to prove his innocence and be found 'Not Guilty'.

I have not followed Mendy's case too closely, and here I am going to give my opinion (which is useless, but it is my position and what I believe without having any evidence) but it seems very strange to me that 8-10 or 12 women on different dates and who do not know each other have denounced the player. I think that in a while, something will happen to him again (in fact, he went to prison because when he was being investigated, he invited women to his home despite the fact that he was prohibited from doing so by the UK court).

• Like 3

◉ Newcastle have made a contract offer to Axel Disasi.

◉ The Magpies have started talks with ASM.

◉ Manchester U is there but wants to complete the attacker's file first.

ASM in this case is A.S. Monaco.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

◉ Newcastle have made a contract offer to Axel Disasi.

◉ The Magpies have started talks with ASM.

◉ Manchester U is there but wants to complete the attacker's file first.

ASM in this case is A.S. Monaco.

Ah shite I was hoping ASM was Maxi and trying to get him to sign for one of the Arab teams for big monies 😂

He’s actually only got a couple of years left on his contract so if he’s allowed to leave for nothing he might go for it if someone like Watford are prepared to give him a 4 year deal (for example). Funny signing and indicative of us not really knowing what we were doing. It was a lot of money in the context of the Ashley regime 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s actually only got a couple of years left on his contract so if he’s allowed to leave for nothing he might go for it if someone like Watford are prepared to give him a ; year deal (for example). Funny signing and indicative of us not really knowing what we were doing. It was a lot of money in the context of the Ashley regime 

Penny-wise, pound foolish, the Ashley regime.

• Like 3

Funny how the clueless gimps and certain ex pro's 'Ooo he's a successful business man'

The bloke who owns Sam Smith brewery in Tadcaster is run by this mental old cunt.  He owns pretty much all of Tadcaster and he owns some absolutely beautiful  pubs.  But all are going to the wall because he has gone total draconian.  Mobile phones are banned. Offensive language is banned (which I sort of get). No TV's in the pubs, or music.  He makes all landlords have a fire on, ALL YEAR ROUND!  This cunt is minted to fuck.  Successful businessman?  His son is apparently waiting for him to snuff it to try and revive the business.  3 of his pubs have shut in Leeds in the last year as no cunt goes in em! 

Ashley is a clever bloke who found a good business model for selling sportswear no frills. He knows the square root of fuck all about football though. The other thing is a completely lack of care in terms of maximising revenue streams, getting the most out of the academy etc. 

The thick as fuck pundits who talk about him being a good businessman (in relation to NUFC) also think the fans should be grateful for his bankrolling the club in the championship because of two relegations down to his mistakes. And they’re completely oblivious to the contradiction 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 6

Funny how the clueless gimps and certain ex pro's 'Ooo he's a successful business man'

The bloke who owns Sam Smith brewery in Tadcaster is run by this mental old cunt.  He owns pretty much all of Tadcaster and he owns some absolutely beautiful  pubs.  But all are going to the wall because he has gone total draconian.  Mobile phones are banned. Offensive language is banned (which I sort of get). No TV's in the pubs, or music.  He makes all landlords have a fire on, ALL YEAR ROUND!  This cunt is minted to fuck.  Successful businessman?  His son is apparently waiting for him to snuff it to try and revive the business.  3 of his pubs have shut in Leeds in the last year as no cunt goes in em! 

I live round the corner from Humphrey's modest estate.  Most of his pubs are shut because he struggles to find anyone willing to run them for him.  His reputation has clearly spread among landlords.  There are properties of his in the town that are empty, boarded up, roof falling in, pubs either closed or in need of a lick of paint.  He would have all the roads in he town cobbled if he could.  The town will never progress until his demise happens.  Only blessing is that their beer & lager is around £3 a pint locally, quite a pleasant drink if it's looked after by the landlord.

Another example of his mean spiritedness..  about 6m from me there's a beautiful stately home called Nun Appleton Hall.  Humphrey bought it in the 80's, he wanted to make changes to it but couldn't due to it being a listed building.  He eventually fenced it off in the early 90's and closed it to the public because he couldn't get his own way.  It's my toy and no-one else can play with it.

• Like 2

Couple the above with an ego that prevented him ceding control of the football club to people who might no better. There is no reason, beyond his ego, that we couldn't have run the club well on a modest budget. How many times did we complain about the lack of funding for the training ground and academy ? Those small budgetary commitments could have paid for themselves in fewer injuries/higher fitness levels and a conveyor belt of young players sold to fund the club or replacing expensive transfers. If he'd let Carr and Nixon work with a proper DoF (instead of Dennis fucking Wise) and a proper manager, we could have continued to capitalise on under-valued markets like France to maintain good performances in the league and cups. 

None of these things are comparatively expensive and have been achieved by clubs with a smaller fanbase, a smaller global footprint to great effect. There's nothing that Brighton have done that we couldn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wardi said:

I live round the corner from Humphrey's modest estate.  Most of his pubs are shut because he struggles to find anyone willing to run them for him.  His reputation has clearly spread among landlords.  There are properties of his in the town that are empty, boarded up, roof falling in, pubs either closed or in need of a lick of paint.  He would have all the roads in he town cobbled if he could.  The town will never progress until his demise happens.  Only blessing is that their beer & lager is around £3 a pint locally, quite a pleasant drink if it's looked after by the landlord.

Another example of his mean spiritedness..  about 6m from me there's a beautiful stately home called Nun Appleton Hall.  Humphrey bought it in the 80's, he wanted to make changes to it but couldn't due to it being a listed building.  He eventually fenced it off in the early 90's and closed it to the public because he couldn't get his own way.  It's my toy and no-one else can play with it.

I'm in North Leeds and cycle out past your neck of the woods a lot.  I have a friend who worked for him at the brewery in the lab.  She told me a story where he went into one of his pubs and there was a bloke there at his fathers wake.  He was on the phone to his uncle telling him where the pub was and apparently he had them all thrown out :lol:

Also that fiasco with the temp bridge after the flooding the utter cunt.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season